Are 'Mission Statements' necessary?

I've always wondered why lot of companies have complicated mission statements. Most of the mission statements I've read so far have been confusing.

Do you think every company should have a mission statement? Is it important? If yes, why? If not, why?

Replies

• safwan
    safwan
    Biggie do mission Statements are same of Memorandum of association ๐Ÿ˜•

If yes , then Its important for a firm to prepare Memorandum of Association becouse its neccesary for firm to incorporate or I mean register it in government as a company.:sshhh:
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    I guess mission statements give the company a sense of direction. The management "draws inspiration" from the mission statement, and contemplates steps to be taken to make sure the goals set by the company are met as closely as possible!!
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Mission statements are necessary because they provide a simple and actionable way of achieving the company's vision. They are supposed to be simple and easy to comprehend because they should cut through the entire organization.

A good mission and vision statement can do lots, e.g. Infosys. If all employees do believe in those statements, then it can really do the organization a lot of merit.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello friends...i am to do a project on op amps n 555 timer...please shower some thoughts,ideas and links ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜•
hi, i want a vhdl code for following logic. i have 20 signed numbers,like. -2 -2 0 0 0 0 -2 -2 0 0 0 0 2 2 0 0...
i thought I would post this as a fun activity. But no, For some reason I am unable tor each internet thorugh my roomie's computer ( poor girl has given...
please discuss about infrared thermography
hi............... i've selected some topics for my technical seminar.Please suggest which one will be good. kerberos. Android. smartdust MeSCoDe