Are jobs in following category fading?

First of all I would like to apologize for my poor English.
I've completed my bachelors degree in electronics and communication. My interest are in the following areas:
i. Communication(GSM, CDMA, Except Networking)
ii. Singnal processing(DSP, Signals and systems)
iii. Embedded system and VLSI.
iv. Antenna design.
vi. Filter Design
vii. Circuits and systems.

The problem is that i am finding very hard to get a job that deals with those field.
There are many people but limited opportunities in these areas.
But in some field, there is job guarantee, like in computer programming, networking, etc. Most of my friends are employed in those fields. But I don't have any interest either in networking or in computer programming.
The questions whose answer i am always searching are:
i. Are the opportunities in the fields that i am interested in fading day by day?
ii. If not where in this world, can i build my career.
iii. Where the opportunities in these fields are like the opportunities for computer programmers and network engineers?
I am in a great confusion for starting my career.
Please some one suggest me a way for starting my career(Either take some specialization course).

Please answer my questions.
God bless you!

Replies

• Aditya Singhal
    Aditya Singhal
    The jobs r dere in these fields but they are very limited .moreover for freshers
    even less.
    u can do a short term course from CDAC.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Welcome to CE, #-Link-Snipped-# . The job opportunities exist; but it can be very challenging to find them at times. From my personal experience, it's just a matter of having patience and not quitting until you find the job that you love. I can say with great confidence that the jobs in the areas of your interest exist and are even more important as communications becomes a very relevant engineering discipline in the connected world.

First things first - you might have to travel to a newer geography in search of opportunities. You did not mention your city, country; and it is quite possible that the opportunities in your area may not be of your interest.

To deal with the situation, I'd recommend that you keep brushing your skills in the areas of your interest so that you cash-in the next opportunity that strikes your door. You might want to take up an advanced course in any of your domain from an organisation / institute where the telecom / electronics companies have a record of hiring. As I said earlier, it might involve moving your location to some other place. But be assured that job opportunities exist; and you'll have to struggle to find them.
  • Saguat Sigdel
    Saguat Sigdel
    Thank you #-Link-Snipped-#sir for your replay. Now I've got some hope and what ever you've suggested me, I'll keep in mind.
    Currently I live in Nepal, an underdeveloped Asian country near India. Now I'll start brushing my skills daily until I find an opportunity.
    Thank you again for providing a hope for me. I am even ready for changing geographic location. Travel abroad for that.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've had friends from Bhutan who were helped by their country to find opportunities abroad. Not sure if that's a possibility for you. If not, you should consider finding opportunities in India or simply opt for MS; if your financial condition allows you to. Once you get a PG degree, your chances of finding a job in the US or UK would be better than in Nepal.
  • Saguat Sigdel
    Saguat Sigdel
    Thank you #-Link-Snipped-# sir, I am actually planning to go india within this year for the same purpose as you have suggested me.
    Which state would be best for me for finding the job in that field.
    And are there some chances of getting job after completing course from CDAC?
    Thank you again for your valuable suggestion sir.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - I do not have any specific recommendations. I'd suggest that you should pick up the top online job portals in India and submit your resume. You could even do a brief search on which city/state has the jobs that you'd love to do and then take a decision on moving to India. Time invested in searching on the Internet would be well worth it and save you a lot of time and money later.

CDAC is quite popular with Indian engineers because of the industry association they have. Many CDAC centres have a good placement record, but I can't suggest any specific. Typically the centres from Pune (Maharashtra) and Hyderabad (AP) seem to be preferred; maybe because of their closeness to the IT Industry.

Do your own search and if you face issues, post them on CE. I'm sure people will help you find the right job and career.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Good day Sir/Madam Engineers , can someone gives us some background or abstract about this project?? What are the possible components needed to work with this.. Feel free to give...
Regional manufacturers Karbonn Mobiles and Intex have launched three new smartphones that offer Android KitKat experience at affordable prices. Keeping in mind the price of the immensely successful Moto E...
Hello Kaustubh, I am working as a Performance Automation tester..but before joining i have been trained in java... i like watching code work....but i get pissed off when code does...
Plivo, a private Telecommunications industry, was co-founded by Venky B and Michael Ricordeau in September 2011. Plivo has its headquarters located in San Francisco, USA and Bangalore, India. Plivo is...
Researchers at the Georgia Institute of Technology have created a smart glove that can help people read and write Braille script even when they are not paying any attention. The...