Are engineers less talented ?

I am unable to understand why does an engineer(from IIT's) gets lot less pay package than a guy from management sector(from IIM's) though engineers too have a huge share as they are the ones coming up with innovative ideas.Does this means that engineers have less talent or is it that we engineers are still being neglected ?

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    As per me, IITans are doers ,and IIM people are the one involved in Management.
    So, they get business on which IITans work. So they are paid more.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Salaries dont define competencies. Talent has no relation to the amount of money one earns.
    And Comparison is only possible between entities that belong to the same class/field.

We can compare rose with lily. But we cant compare rose with tiger.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ...let's blame the corporate structures for the salaries.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    ^^ You are right about that!! 😀

Generally, how so ever difficult a technical job may be, it's usually more difficult to get that job done by coordinating a group of engineers. What I'm saying is, being a part of a huge project as a manager is more difficult than being a pat of the same project as an engineer. That is the reason managers make more money than engineers. Note that this is purely a hierarchical reason, and it has nothing to do with the degree one has got. ie., salary doesn't depend on whether it's B.E or MBA. In fact, most managers will probably be engineers, who are not MBA's .
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    Absolutely correct, Salary is the only reason to attract the students towards IIMs even me to 😀

That's why it is a race of mba and students, after completing btech, got confused where to go (Mtech or mba).
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    From what I experienced is, salaries are based on the assumption about the 'impact on the overall business by the work done' by any employee at any level in the hierarchy. So a CEO would typically get the top salary and entry level engineer will get the least. It's got nothing to do with how many hours of hard work.

I've also realized that your talent, experience, education, skill may influence the amount of money you make in life; but they don't guarantee anything.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In one of our site we are in requirement of a -24 VDC supply. The instrument installed is key phasor which accepts -24 VDC as power and our's is +24...
Hi everyone! Thank you very much for the warm welcome. My name is Asidh and I am from Maldives. I am actually not an engineer ( I hope its not...
iPhone 5 Features 19-Pin Mini-Connector. Accessory Ecosystem Looks Eyes Wide Open! MAVIS Upgrade Gets Deep-Neural-Network Speech Recognition NEC Working On Japan’s First 100Gbps DWDM Fiber Cable Transmission Gigapixel Camera AWARE-2...
what is the main difference between open source software and free software? whether am i correct, in open source software source file is given liberty for all users and you...
Twitter has opened up a new headquarter at San Francisco. Tech blog Mashable share some beautiful shots of the new office. You can see a yoga studio, a rooftop garden...