CrazyEngineers
  • Are the bloggers, website owners and freelancers liable for paying service tax, if so is there any exemptions?

I talked to my younger brother and he told in case of freelancer yes they are, but somehow, if one can bring foreign currency in his country, then service tax can be saved i.e through EEFC account

For bloggers and advertisers there was exemption added last year 10 july 2012, by finance minister that money earned through advertisements or through adsense doesn't come under service tax

Please share any other information if you have
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Harshad Italiya

MemberSep 5, 2013

There are many misunderstanding for this case I have also tried to get some information but not able to find any solid proof or rule which explains weather Freelancer have to pay tax or not.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Anand Tamariya

MemberSep 5, 2013

The rule passed last year stated that ANYTHING not under "Negative service tax list" is liable to pay tax. Hence this case would qualify for service tax.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register