Approapriate title for my job

Hi,

I have been working on a Sponsored Research Project during the final year of my M.Tech. The responsibilities were same as that of a Project Assistant. However, I was not working officially, I was working out of interest along with my thesis. I was also not paid for the job (actually, at that time, the experience that I was getting by working in this project was more important to me than the compensation, so I did not demand any money in lieu of my work).

Now I am about to leave my college within few days and need an experience certificate for the same. Could you help me the position that I can write in my experience letter?

I was asked not to write Project Assistant since it was an official post in my Institution and as I have already mentioned, I was working out of interest and not officially. Can you name any other 'position name' that I can have on my experience certificate.

Replies

• [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    May be Research Assistant or just Associate?
  • pratap singh, upendra
    pratap singh, upendra
    [Prototype]
    May be Research Assistant or just Associate?
    is there any job title as "graduate assistant"? Is there a position lower than associate but equal to my job description.....Actually, associate is the position that I am having right now since I am getting paid now; the job position that I have talked about was 2 months back
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Research Apprentice
    Research Grad Assistant
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Graduate Research Assistant - this is a title many graduate (Masters & PhD) students are given when they are working on research projects in college (especially in the USA, I am not sure of other parts) under the guidance of their advisor. They usually get paid with a stipend though.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Chinese smartphone maker, Oppo, has launched an upgraded version of Oppo F1s unveiled earlier in August this year with increased RAM and internal storage capacity. The new device sports a...
Wishing loads of happiness and success on your special day! Happy Birthday @Manish Goyal Keep rocking! 🎉😁😁
How to write a arduino code for a linear position controller using (arduino , H-bridge & potentiometer)
*State of the Art - Novel InFlow Tech - Featured Project Development; 1-Gearturbine, 2-Imploturbocompressor: *Wordpress Blog State of the Art Novel InFlow Gearturbine Imploturbocompressor: *State ofthe Art-Novel InFlowTech 1Gearturbine RotaryTurbo...
Panasonic has added another variant to its Eluga series line-up with the launch of Eluga Mark 2. The smartphone coming in gold option, features a dual SIM (Micro + Nano)...