Applications of MATLAB & Future Scope

Hi, all

Iam trying to learn MATLAB. please let me know its future scope. And what are the uses and applications. It is very interesting. I know few basics.

Replies

• rogue-e
    rogue-e
    waiting for an expert's reply...😘
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Shyamsundar
    Hi, all

Iam trying to learn MATLAB. please let me know its future scope. And what are the uses and applications. It is very interesting. I know few basics.
    rogue-e
    waiting for an expert's reply...😘
    MATLAB has found applications in almost every branch of engineering - from Chemical to Electrical to Mechanical to Aerospace. I'm not sure how to answer what's the future scope; but the skilled MATLAB users will definitely get jobs.
  • syed aslam
    syed aslam
    Hi Shyam,

Currently by asking this question you are definitely in the right path(you want to shape your career), well as Mr.Katdare has rightly said matlab is a multidisciplinary tool it is even used in finance, economics etc. so learning matlab is definitely valuable.

and fortunately I Just Found a intresting MOOC Free online courses on MATLAB.

Modelling and Simulation using MATLAB® : #-Link-Snipped-#

Enroll and enjoy the quality learning.
  • Ramesh Manglav
    Ramesh Manglav
    I am Ramesh. I am willing to learn Matlab. I want to know where I am having opportunity after learning Matlab. Give me some of site where I can learn Matlab.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Ramesh Manglav
    I am Ramesh. I am willing to learn Matlab. I want to know where I am having opportunity after learning Matlab. Give me some of site where I can learn Matlab.
    MATLAB is called the 'Language of Technical Computing' for a reason. It has a variety of uses in the field of communication technologies such as signal and image processing, communications, control systems, and computational finance. It is a programming language developed by Mathworks

Basic things you can do with MATLAB:
    • Design and implement any waveform based on your requirements.
    • Sampling and binding of wave under various parameters
    • Call C & Fortran functions in a MATLAB program.
    • Call Java libraries or ActiveX from a MATLAB program
    Some of the most interesting applications of MATLAB:
    1. Developing control algorithms for hypersonic vehicles
    2. Running millions of simulations to pinpoint optimal dosing for antibiotics.
    3. Building energy consumption model for smart power grids
    4. Analyzing weather data to visualize the track and intensity of hurricanes
    What kind of jobs can you get after you learn MATLAB?

If you are studying B.E. or B.Tech in any field - right from IT or CS to Electronics to Mechanical or Aerospace engineering, MATLAB can give you a headstart in careers related to:
    • Modelling and Simulation
    • Algorithm Development
    • Scientific Graphics
    • Data Analysis and Exploration
    • etc.
    Companies in India that hire mechanical engineers for their MATLAB skills include:

Cummins, Tata Motors, Infosys, Tata Consultancy Services, John Deere, IBM, Cognizant, Tata Technologies, Eaton, Mahindra & Mahindra, Thermax, Accenture, Siemens, 3DPLM Software Solutions Limited, Wipro, Atlas Copco and Schlumberger.

How to learn MATLAB?

There are multiple ways to do that. Assuming that you are a self-learner who wants to get started at his home/office from his computer and an internet connection, here are some useful resources that can help you to get started:

1. Mathworks has created its own MATLAB Academy. It has various course modules to help you learn things step by step at your own pace.
    Check here: Self-Paced Online Courses - MATLAB & Simulink

2. Mathworks has their own YouTube channel with 100s of informative videos that can really help you practice stuff on your own.
    Check here: MATLAB - YouTube

3. A website called 'Tutorials Point' has developed their own MATLAB tutorial which is quite popular in the community. They take you topic wise logically from one step to other.
    Check here: MATLAB Tutorial

There are tons of books, blogs and resources available for each of your needs. You can ask for more details about a particular topic and we can share them here.
  • Ramesh Manglav
    Ramesh Manglav
    thank you
  • Charan V
    Charan V
    Matlab is predominantly used for Simulation purpose, to design algorithms and test mathematical models for hardware implementation like Signal processing that can run one-time operations for large data sets. Matlab specializes in Matrix operations which is very important for researchers

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Let me start: 1. Why do the trees keep moving backwards when our car keeps moving forward? 2. Why does it hurt my teeth when I bite on cold ice...
After catching its glimpse at the Mobile World Congress 2013 showcase, LG is all set to launch its newest Optimus F Series smartphone - The LG Optimus F5. With a...
Hey everyone........ I'm doing a project on fingerprint recognition and verification. N now I'm struck with core point detection part. Plzzzz anyone good at matlab help me with the codes....
LG showcased it during CES and the behemoth of a TV made raves all over. Staring next month, it is now revealed that LG is putting its curved LG OLED...
If you haven't yet laid your hands of any of Samsung's Android tablets yet, surely there was something amiss. Now you've got one more option to choose from. The all...