Applications of embedded systems in aerospace

Advanced Embedded Applications.
Some of the embedded applications in Detail and How can Embedded be implemented in aerospace.

Replies

• Codex Guides
    Codex Guides
    Embedded systems are used in nearly every facet of modern aerospace systems. This includes:

• Instrumentation
    • Control systems
    • Avionics (control surfaces)
    • Communications
    • Navigation
    • Automatic pilot and landing
    • Entertainment systems
    • Network connectivity
    • Climate control
    • Personal comfort (seats, etc.)

Flight-critical systems must meet stringent reliability standards, such as DO-178B reliability standards for aerospace and defense embedded software. These standards mandate specific development and testing methodologies, which must be independently verified/certified for use.

Embedded aerospace software is usually written to be highly deterministic, in order to improve predictability in the system. This usually requires 'sharp' real-time constraints in the software, and promotes the use of either very simple, predictable code, or the use of an approved real-time operating system.

- CG
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to create an installer (as well as uninstaller) package for a software I created, which is to be installed on Windows OSes.
Delayed Shutdown File Size: 652 Delayed Shutdown allow you to fall asleep when you are just listening to your favorite music or viewing evening television shows on your computer. Enable...
hey guyz i have a confusion about the sodium light... we all know that these lights are widely used on highways etc... the confusion is that why these lights get...
😁hey guys we genereally ride bikes,scooters...drive cars etc... but anybody ever thought about producing electricity from the rotating wheels of cars or bikes during their motion😕...can we produce some kind...
Hi CEans, An off-campus session has been planned to be carried out for the passed out engineering students. Venue : Kumaraguru College of Technology,Coimbatore. Date : 07th February,Sunday.