Apple's MacBook Air - What do you say?

CEans,

Steve Jobs introduced MacBook Air - the thinnest notebook in the world at the Macworld 2008. I'm fascinated by the latest Apple baby. However there are two things that I didn't like -
  • $1799 price tag
  • No optical drive :sleepy: (how uncool!)
Apple says that they have created 'Remote Drive' feature that lets you access your CD/DVD over wi-fi. I can't imagine my notebook without a DVD drive!

[โ€‹IMG]

So, do you think Apple's MacBook Air gonna blow up the ultra-portable market? Or do you think MacBook Air has redefined the way we look at notebooks.

Comment ๐Ÿ˜

Replies

• Jerry
    Jerry
    Its Steve's. I'm buying it!
  • mahul
    mahul
    Well apple never ceases to surprise the world with a trick or two every time, yeah definitely no optical drive is a little disgusting but _k don't u think humanity would grow out of optical drives some day?? they are too mechanical & contain too many moving parts to last long, plz tell me what u think about this. maybe some day commercial media would cease to come in optical drives, there can be other far better forms....i mean. maybe apple has shown us the future though it seems quite unacceptable today.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    mahul
    Well apple never ceases to surprise the world with a trick or two every time, yeah definitely no optical drive is a little disgusting but _k don't u think humanity would grow out of optical drives some day?? they are too mechanical & contain too many moving parts to last long, plz tell me what u think about this. maybe some day commercial media would cease to come in optical drives, there can be other far better forms....i mean. maybe apple has shown us the future though it seems quite unacceptable today.
    Agreed. However, I believe that the world will take some time to accept wi-fi based drives. That's obvious because the wi-fi is not omnipresent. Apple's done a good job with MacBook Air, however, it still relies on optical drive attached to another computer.

In my opinion, the world is moving towards Web OS - where one giant computer will host an operating system which will power all the devices connected to it. Think about it, its quite possible.

Or who knows, maybe some day, CE will be the organization to develop it
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    Piece of Art as usual, every computer company now will just COPY

I'd buy Apple computer even it haven't screen ๐Ÿ˜
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Hey Biggie ... check out desktoptwo.com.

The free Web OS is already here ๐Ÿ˜€. For more interesting literature, I would suggest reading Soft Wars by Larry Elison (Oracle CEO).

My $0.02 on MacBook Air. Cool looks, I dont mind not having a CD/DVD drive, as long as I have some free USB ports, I am ok! Price is a whopper as always, so thats a turn off.

A smart idea on eliminating the optical drive though. If it were my money, I would rather invest in stocks ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Elisa
    Elisa
    MaRo
    Piece of Art as usual, every computer company now will just COPY

I'd buy Apple computer even it haven't screen ๐Ÿ˜
    I like Mac for its simplicity and design. I am okay with optical drive less notebook.
  • gohm
    gohm
    I like it, even without the drive. I like to support apple as they offer a stable OS without the need of major security flaws. Like anything, more competition/choices can only improve the products. I do also have a pc that I use because of software limitations.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    gohm
    Like anything, more competition/choices can only improve the products.
    Right on!

Heres a funny read about the MacBook Air:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to restrict boot time of my windows xp machine to less than 40 seconds. Currently it takes about 70 seconds. What are different ways to do this?
Pls help me in finding info about this topic!!!!!!
hello,๐Ÿ˜” only i want to say that the viewer in the forums have to be more active and replay the subjects needed. the discussions between engineers be useful if more...
Hi , How can we extract .bat files to .txt file ๐Ÿ˜•.
Hello everbody, I am doing b-tech in civil engineering from National Institute of Technology kurukshetra.I m in 3 rd year.I want to do summer training in design or construction.Please help...