Apple to release 7-inch iPad mini to compete with Google Nexus 7

Its rumored that Apple is set to release a 7-inch iPad mini to heat up the competition of the mid range tablets with the likes of KindleFire, Microsoft's surface and Google Nexus 7 already in the market. Apple is planning to keep the price of iPad mini much nearer to Nexus 7's $199 price tag. Apple's iPad mini is expected to be in news by October 2012. Will this release make the competition one-sided as Apple has always been the best in the market?

Replies

• Deepak Gopalakrishnan
    Deepak Gopalakrishnan
    Doubtful though - there is still huge demand for the 9.7" thing, and Apple can't meet that demand itself. Don't see why they should go for a 7" right now, unless it's going to be drastically different in some way. Wait and watch 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I just had my hands on the Galaxy Tab 7 Plus. The form factor is attractive; but not exactly what I'd use on a regular basis. I doubt whether Apple will actually work on the smaller iPad; I believe they're going to innovate on the hardware and software specs and focus on 'TV' as the next 'big' thing.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    this, I believe ,is one famous romour (7inch apple pad).
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Though these rumors are fast taking strength, very few people are actually believing it. The latest concern is about the 7-Inch iPad making iOS app developers sweat. 7-inches long means a completely new screen size, which is tad different from 4 inches iPhone and 10 inches iPad. This may mean new version of the existing apps will have to be written. 👀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Latest update: It looks like Apple indeed is working on iPad Mini (7"). Mashable even reports that iTV is also being worked on. #-Link-Snipped-#

Just wondering what's Apple up to.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi friends i am R.AJAY SHARMA final year of IT in saveetha engineering college
Dear all, When performing a pdelta -analysis using Etabs, when do you take into account the P-δ effect which is associated with the local deformation relative to the chord between...
i really love to work on mobile application i also love to work on web technology.....
Now your mobile calls can be transferred to any device that you own thanks to TU Go app by O2 for smartphones. O2 comes in with this innovative idea to...
This steals the show: https://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq249/funfunky/2012/May/misc/whereisitgone.gif