Apple iPhone Leaked

Gray Powell (27), an Apple software engineer got drunk and left the next generation iPhone at a bar in San Jose. Apparently, Gray was testing the phone in real world situations. The phone was cleverly disguised as iPhone 3GS but folks at Gizmodo discovered that its indeed the next generation iPhone that go leaked.

Here's an excerpt from Gizmodo's review: #-Link-Snipped-#

What's new

• Front-facing video chat camera
• Improved regular back-camera (the lens is quite noticeably larger than the iPhone 3GS)
• Camera flash
• Micro-SIM instead of standard SIM (like the iPad)
• Improved display. It's unclear if it's the 960x640 display thrown around before—it certainly looks like it, with the "Connect to iTunes" screen displaying much higher resolution than on a 3GS.
• What looks to be a secondary mic for noise cancellation, at the top, next to the headphone jack
• Split buttons for volume
• Power, mute, and volume buttons are all metallic
What's changed

• The back is entirely flat, made of either glass (more likely) or ceramic or shiny plastic in order for the cell signal to poke through. Tapping on the back makes a more hollow and higher pitched sound compared to tapping on the glass on the front/screen, but that could just be the orientation of components inside making for a different sound
• An aluminum border going completely around the outside
• Slightly smaller screen than the 3GS (but seemingly higher resolution)
• Everything is more squared off
• 3 grams heavier
• 16% Larger battery
• Internals components are shrunken, miniaturized and reduced to make room for the larger battery

Replies

• optimystix
    optimystix
    any guess what happened to the employee later 😛
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I wonder how come the Gizmodo guys got hold of the phone, in the first place... 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi guys, I have attended a interview where they have asked me few questions, I need to know some... 1. what is the different between CGS system and MKS system?...
Q : dear CE,ns tell me about page segmentation? 😁Today is a good day to spread joy
Q: A bus run at 100 km/hr top speed. It can carry a maximum of 6 persons. If speed of bus decreases in fixed proportion with increase in number of...
Hi guys! Here is a well done vocabulary thread. https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum...matics/28671-answer-vocabulary-questions.html Now, I am starting again. Hope it will be useful to all of us. Here are some of the Synonyms...
Q: suggest me the better book for creating web based projects (in Asp.net) which provides proper guidelines practically? 😁Today is a good day to spread joy