Apple Gets Siri-ous About Its Speech Recognition

All aboard the deep learning train! Deep Learning is an umbrella term given to a set of machine learning algorithms that are usually derived from neural networks. Neural networks are computation models inspired from the human brain, which uses abstractions to better represent data, even if that sounds counter-intuitive. This may sound dull to a layman, but every major company is using it today to bolster their speech recognition applications and vision tasks. Facebook's #-Link-Snipped-#, Microsoft's #-Link-Snipped-# and Google's Google Brain are all champions of the magic beans that are Deep Learning algorithms. Apple though, up until now used Nuance's voice recognition technology as backend for Siri. But sources report that this is about to change and things are in motion already. Apple is putting together its own dedicated team for speech recognition and artificial intelligence researchers believe neural networks have finally won Apple's favor.

siri

Pundits predict the upgrade may take up to six months to arrive in the consumer market. Meanwhile, Siri will continue to fine-tune itself with new song-recognition features and an “always-on” mode.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The South Korean giant has taken covers off the Galaxy S5 mini smartphone. Though it was expected that the company would scrimp on sensors to reduce price, the S5 mini...
Capacitors can be thought of mothers back up plan for end of month. when her stocks for the month and guests arrive, she open a stocked grocery(placed into a big...
I'm wondering if we can come up with a set of instructions which we can follow step by step while troubleshooting any computer or network issue. I was trying to...
As you enter the professional world, it's essential that you learn a few common sense based professional email writing protocols. I've found out that a LOT of freshers send emails...
The next in the line of our popular weekend debate is scheduled on Sunday - July 06, 2014 at 7:00 PM (IST). The debate is open to all the CEans!...