AppCampus - Nokia & Microsoft Build Campus For App Development

AppCampus is what it is called. ☕ Cool name I must say.

Microsoft and Nokia are investing a meager ( 😛 ) sum of $24 million into a new app development center in Finland.
The AppCampus will be launched in May under the management of Finland's Aalto University.
The plan behind this centre building is to attract students, developers and entrepreneurs to Windows Phone and Symbian platforms. 😏 So, engineers should be looking forward to this.

Do you think building such a campus will boost the no. of apps on Windows Platform? Is it motivation that people need to turn towards Windows? Why do you think are people happy with Android and iOS? Your views please.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Aah yes, and I forgot to mention their official website address. Here it is - #-Link-Snipped-#
    You can drop your email address there to get the latest updates.
  • greatcoder
    greatcoder
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Thnx for the info..
    I am myself an android user. I feel the power of android is immense. And to utlize the power of android there are uncountable apps available at the android market (now called the Google Play). The most important thing is that these apps are free. The android user can customize his phone compleletly according to his needs without paying any extra bucks from his pocket.
    On the other hand Nokia who owned Symbian, is now just completely out of market and therefore trying to enter into windows segment phones. It is not that Windows is new to the mobile market , earlier HTC used to launch Windows phones and still has some share in windows segment. It is well known that windows was never a success in the mobile segemnt. Window users have to pay for every app which is really useful and i think Windows can never overtake android in the future.

Android is the future of the mobile market. Go for it!! 👍

Thanks and Regards
    GC

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi im supradeep from hyderabad doing electrical and electronics engineering 1st yr at jntu. can u guide me
i am unable to play .mkv video files in any media player please suggest me solution to play this kind of files....
How can we integrate some .c or .cpp file in UI made using VB. for example i made an identical UI using VB of 'minesweeper' the in-famous game! now i...
All the Adobe employees will now have a reason to make their friends not working in Adobe jealous of them. The company says that it wants to abolish the age...
ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS: I NEED A PASSIVE ELECTRO-MAGNETOTELLURIC DETECTION (EMT) PLATFORM You must be an electronics engineer to work on my project. You must understand all theories and principles about this...