[APP] User friendly Android app for visualy impaired (Georgio)

Georgie app offers the visually-impaired all that they need to access a smartphone. This app is in contrast to the older gadgets that were slow and even physically cumbersome. The app bases its working on voice commands by the user. The OCR function makes the fonts bigger and also offer an audio of the menu item. The navigation occurs via a touch and describe function i.e. when a person puts his finger on a menu item, an audio clip describing that item runs that helps the user in navigating to the item he needs.
Though it is interesting, it is priced at around $465 along with a smartphone. A standalone version of the app can also be purchased at $230. Given this piece of innovation, do you think visually impaired guys will be really benefited from this?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Download link, please?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I just checked it. The UI looks so good for the blind people. I watched a hands-on video on Engadget, navigation has been made a whole lot easier. A blind person will need a lot of practice initially, but once they get used to it, nothing is stopping the blind from using the latest gadgets.
    I just wish it was not so highly priced. We can assume that developing this app must've probably cost a lot, but since it is right now only available for English-speaking people, how successful this app can becomes is a thing to be doubted.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am Sarvesh. Firstly, I'd like to greet everyone of you present here. Currently, I'm studying in 3rd yr b.tech in Computer Science And Engineering in a college of National...
Abstract: Study of Lizard DNA and their ability to regrow their tail again & as there is some human part that also regrow like hair and nails, study of the...
my seminar is about low frequency transmission.would you explain its advantages over high transmission
i am a final year electrical diploma student.can you please suggest some ideas for my main project?
Name:Guru Engineering Trade:Computer Science Location: Jalandhar Occupation: Student Hobbies & Interests: Drawing Sketches,surfing or listening music Sports: Cricket,Volleyball,Table-Tennis,Badminton I joined CrazyEngineers because: !!!!COz i aM a CraaaAzyyyY EngiNeeeErrR!!!!