App to put your phone into silent mode automatically

Does you phone ring when you are attending an important lecture? If yes, there's an app developed by IIT Bombay students that puts your phone into silent mode automatically when you're in a lecture. The app is only available to IIT-B students because every course has fixed lecture timings and all you've to do is select the course. The app then sets the phone into silent mode whenever you're in the lecture.

The idea is quite nice; but wouldn't it be a simpler solution to put your phone in the vibration mode all the time? Even better solution would be to put up a ringtone that becomes louder as the time passes. What do you say?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    The last can sometimes create Havoc pal as the faint ring tones go unnoticed if you are preoccupied with your work

But I personally prefer Offline in real busy situations and Vibrations in lesser crucial circumstances

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can any1 pls tell me the details about button operated gear changing system for two wheelers becoz I want to do my final year project on this topic pls help...
What is hacking?is hacking different from ethical hacking.If so what is the difference?
4WS(four wheel steering system) we have selected this topic for our final year project . your suggestion are appreciated related to this topic thanks
1. Is single tank capacity a linear system, if yes justify?
I have read about it. but i'm not so clear about it. Also i need to know the working of both. thank you!!!