App: Android Device Manager

blogpost

Here is a lifesaver app by Google for those who forget where they kept their phone (I am on of them 😉 ) or the ones who lose their phone.

Termed as Android Device Manager, this app is capable of configuring your device in such a way that it will let the phone ring at maximum volume when you can't find it no matter what sound profile is active. It also displays the location of the device on Google map. The app will be available later this month and will support Android 2.2 and above. I am definitely going to get this on my device 😀

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The app also lets users remote wipe their Android phones. I think the service is quite inspired from Apple's Find My iPhone service. Would be quite important if a phone with critical information is lost.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Actuall
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The app also lets users remote wipe their Android phones. I think the service is quite inspired from Apple's Find My iPhone service. Would be quite important if a phone with critical information is lost.
    The functionality is exactly same as Apple's Find my iPhone. Infact mostly reviewer around the world is saying that android device manager is the Android version of the Find my iPhone.. 😁

Do you think very soon we are going to see another legal battle over this?

-CB

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Engineers have rolled up their sleeves to create artificial earthquakes - with an aim to develop techniques to build sturdier and safer buildings & structures. A team of structural and...
Here's a fun question for all of you. If you were to make a 'one way' trip to Mars and the space agency says that you can carry only 3...
If you look closely at the products produced today, how would you decide whether to buy it or not. Would you just look at the functionality or also on the...
I have played few console games & i noticed that the FPS of game stays around 28-30 FPS only. While, In PC gaming, slight change is seen between 30 &...
It is well known that there are often more than one way of solving any problem. Same is the case with Oracle SQL. It is possible almost to write any...