CrazyEngineers
  • Neeraj
    Neeraj

MemberAug 2, 2013

App: Android Device Manager

blogpost

Here is a lifesaver app by Google for those who forget where they kept their phone (I am on of them 😉 ) or the ones who lose their phone.

Termed as Android Device Manager, this app is capable of configuring your device in such a way that it will let the phone ring at maximum volume when you can't find it no matter what sound profile is active. It also displays the location of the device on Google map. The app will be available later this month and will support Android 2.2 and above. I am definitely going to get this on my device 😀
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorAug 2, 2013

The app also lets users remote wipe their Android phones. I think the service is quite inspired from Apple's Find My iPhone service. Would be quite important if a phone with critical information is lost.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Anil Jain

MemberAug 2, 2013

Actuall
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The app also lets users remote wipe their Android phones. I think the service is quite inspired from Apple's Find My iPhone service. Would be quite important if a phone with critical information is lost.
    The functionality is exactly same as Apple's Find my iPhone. Infact mostly reviewer around the world is saying that android device manager is the Android version of the Find my iPhone.. 😁

Do you think very soon we are going to see another legal battle over this?

-CB
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register