CrazyEngineers
  • Since last few weeks, I was learning "How to optimize websites", because I had great issues with my own personal website, I never received more than 60% rating for my website from gtmetrix

But Yesterday, I found one way, through Apache booster installed on my VPS (Virtual Private Server)

It improved my website load time to an extent, that now it is around 92%

#-Link-Snipped-#

So If you want to use it , then simply run following commands on your linux machine

wget #-Link-Snipped-#

tar -zxf apachebooster-v1.3.tar.gz

cd apachebooster

sh install.sh

Please note this requires root access on your server, these steps won't work on shared hosting

Thanks
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorOct 13, 2013

I recently wrote about my experiences with Litespeed web server; which is a drop replacement of Apache: <a href="https://www.crazyengineers.com/threads/litespeed-vs-apache-web-server-real-world-page-loading-speed-test-results.70941">Litespeed Vs. Apache web server - Real world page loading speed test results</a> . The speed improvements are more than noticeable and the graphs confirm the same. Do you have any informaiton on what exactly Apache booster optimises that it offers so much of performance gains?

Also, how do Apache booster compete with Litespeed?
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Abhishek Rawal

MemberOct 13, 2013

@#-Link-Snipped-# Check this out, Apache beats Litespeed in Benchmark : <a href="https://www.unixy.net/apache-vs-litespeed/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">UNIXy.Net Fully Managed Servers and Clusters | Apache vs. Litespeed: Apache Runs 95% Faster Than Litespeed</a>
    You might also like to read about this too : #-Link-Snipped-#

However, according to #-Link-Snipped-# ,Litespeed is quite faster in serving static webpages, however there is almost no difference in performance in Dynamic content.

Another benchmark : #-Link-Snipped-#
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorOct 13, 2013

@#-Link-Snipped-# - would love to have your comments on this 😀
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register