AOL Acquires Huffington Post For $350 million

What started with $1million investment in 2005 soon grew to a multi-million dollar business in just few years and one of the top visited sites in America. AOL is now trying to acquire all the popular media sites across various verticals and already owns Engadget, TechCrunch. Now they've bought The Huffington Post for cool $300 million in cash and rest in shares.

Arianna Huffington, the cable talk show pundit, author and doyenne of the political left, will take control of all of AOL's editorial content as president and editor in chief of a newly created Huffington Post Media Group

What's AOL really trying to do?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey everybody, I have been browsing through all kinds of forums for an Indian oriented forum on CISCO certification but to no avail. No offense to CE but I really...
If you are thinking of buying a brand new limousine just wait! You need to think over again. Because Xenatec in collaboration with Maybach launched a luxurious coupe model. The...
what are the basic instruments required for practicing analog electronics' practicals at home??i know about some such as breadboard,resistors,diodes,transistors.... what else???and please also discuss their prices.thanks in advance!!!
Lifehacker, the popular 'how-to' blog by Gawker Media has undergone a makeover. You can view the new design live on their official site: Lifehacker, tips and downloads for getting things...
Institute Of Engineering & Management, WB, India has organized Festronix 2011 between 5-6 March 2011. CE is happy to be associated with IEM as media partner. We'll bring you the...