Anyone have some good suggestions for books on Astronomy?

I am planning on indulging into the subject of Astronomy and Astrophysics. I am looking for a book that covers the specific sciences of the universe in detail. One that explains it well and is informative with many facts. Thanks. ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• vipandeep
    vipandeep
    if you want documentaries on space and universe. go to #-Link-Snipped-# under TV tab there is a channel 'universe' watch it. it is very good.
  • ProdigiousJ
    ProdigiousJ
    Hey, thanks. Ill have to check that out! ^^
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I would also recommend that you read:

"A Brief History of Time" And "Theory of Everything" By Stephen Hawking.
    His work is exemplary because he has written difficult concepts in a very simplified manner.
  • ProdigiousJ
    ProdigiousJ
    Hey thanks, ordered those books off Amazon today! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • scottaleger
    scottaleger
    Hello Prodigious J,

I suggest you a book. Author : H. Kern wrote a book on the book name is " The Aryabhatiya A Manual of Astronomy with Commentary Bhatadipika of Paramadicvara ".

About The Book : Aryabhata is the earliest known Hindu writer on algebra, and, according to Colebrooke, "If not the inventor, the improver of that analysis," which has made but Little advance in India since. He was born, according to his own account, at Kusuma-pura (Patna), in A.D. 476, and composed his first Astronomical work at the early age of twenty-three. His larger work, the Arya Siddhanta, was produced at a riper age. He is probably the Andubarius (Ardubarius?) of the Chronichon Paschale, and the Arjabahr of the Arabs. Two of his works, the Dasagiti-sutra and Aryashtasata, have been edited by Kern under the title of Aryabhatiya.

Source : #-Link-Snipped-#
  • ProdigiousJ
    ProdigiousJ
    Excellent! Sounds very interesting. Thank-you for the advice. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    ProdigiousJ
    I am planning on indulging into the subject of Astronomy and Astrophysics. I am looking for a book that covers the specific sciences of the universe in detail. One that explains it well and is informative with many facts. Thanks. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Isaac Asimov has a knack of explaining complex physics concepts to people of other disciplines without much mathematics.
    Here are a list of books on or about astronomy from Asimov:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

My name is Ankush Chadda . Technically i am in my final year , ( im having my exams a week later) . Will be graduating in CSE soon .!!!๐Ÿ˜...
i think I'll put down everything in my mind . Im a CSE undergrad, im havng my 8th sem exams a week later. I am GATE 11 qualified, with 7601...
Based on my observations, I've found out that 99% of the students especially in engineering discipline can't take any major career or personal level decision on their own. It starts...
The questions does seem to be an easy one but still needs to be discussed. There is going to be a climate change summit in South Africa and people are...
The Automaker is planning to gain a leap in production and development of cutting edge electric car technologies. Here is the news. ๐Ÿ˜€ Luxury & Style | Superyachts.com