Anyone Funding Their Own Engineering Education? [UG & PG]

Given the ever growing engineering college fees, engineering education is costlier than ever. I wonder how many of student CEans are funding their own education and not relying on parent's money. Tell us how are you doing it and what are the major challenges you face?

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The_Big_K
    Given the ever growing engineering college fees, engineering education is costlier than ever. I wonder how many of student CEans are funding their own education and not relying on parent's money. Tell us how are you doing it and what are the major challenges you face?
    Two years back, I was in a coffee shop with some of my friends, and when we were just about to leave, the guy who was serving our table asked if any of us was an engineering college student. When I nodded in affirmation, he said if I can lend him some of my previous sem books to him. I was 😨 when he asked such a thing suddenly.
    So, he explained that he and his younger sister were studying in an engineering college and were doing such jobs part time to pay for the fees. But their situation was quite hand-to-mouth and so they were looking for people from whom they could borrow the books at least.

On that day, my faith in passion for education was restored.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I funded my PG completely, I was more lucky though to find a full time job and pursue PG partime, Aprt from the financial crisis factor, I also saw the difference in my approach of 'seeing' education. I was more careful, more organised and had more awareness. Unlike UG where our fees are paid by parents and we just go to college, take pocket money and all, in PG I would literally calculate how much am I payign for my each minute at uni and how hard it is to earn and fund.

It was though a moment of pride for my parents.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This is a restaurant that is almost literally out of the world! It blends so well with the surroundings as to be almost invisible. https://www.worldbuildingsdirectory.com/project.cfm?id=1701
Hi all,m My name is vaibhav currently doing job in one Infosec firm as a system admin. I want to go in Information Security Field....now with the job of system...
How to create ADC in WINDOWS SERVER 2008 & how it work? what we have is two domain controller. Primary (PDC) and additional (ADC) domain controller. but suppose for some...
Name: Vaibhav Nagariya Engineering Trade: IT Location: Vadodara Occupation: System Admin @ Induface Work Experience: Almost 2 years Aim in life: To be IS Consultant I joined CrazyEngineers because: I...
Hello forum, Halong bay cruise-Princess junk Halong bay-Mekong Bassac Cruise My name is Kirk, and I am newbie here. I found this forum community. I thought that i should introduce...