Any student considering starting his/her own venture?

We have so many engineers here but very little activity in Entrepreneurship section.

Is there any engineering student here planning to start his/her own venture? I hope there's at least one.

Replies

• srikanthsoni
    srikanthsoni
    ya. i am interested in starting my automobile design company. a one like DC DESIGN. i want to get into design and prototyping as well.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    srikanthsoni
    ya. i am interested in starting my automobile design company. a one like DC DESIGN. i want to get into design and prototyping as well.
    Awesome!

Are you starting right after graduation? If yes, please share the progress you've made so far. It would certainly inspire lot of students here.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm really unhappy with the kind of response we see here. I wonder why engineering students are after run of the mill jobs than creating, innovating something. Ultimately its more fun to provide jobs to others. Is it that today's engineering students don't have the guts to try something on their own?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Why is it people who are interested in research work are always excluded? There are many who might not be into both - JOB/entering their own venture.
    Creativeness and innovativeness are not displayed only when you start up your own venture right?There are other work opportunities like R & D work which involve both.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    durga
    Why is it people who are interested in research work are always excluded? There are many who might not be into both - JOB/entering their own venture.
    Creativeness and innovativeness are not displayed only when you start up your own venture right?There are other work opportunities like R & D work which involve both.
    Well, I agree. I didn't mean people who just start their own thing. I strongly believe that engineers should enter into something creative.
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    Actually i have an idea of starting my own venture.But it is not right after my under graduation.I will be doing my post graduation and then i will join some company and work for say two to three years and then work out my plan.If i have an opportunity of executing my plan as soon as my PG gets over then i will go about it!
  • lurdmark
    lurdmark
    sure am here can u help
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    well i'm one who wants to start my own venture toO... in my field😁
    but that comes after i know what exactly do people mean by managing... maybe after my MBA 😉
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I've formed an engineering business (partnership) with a bunch of my friends, to provide training and prototyping services. We also get involved with R&D stuff. I'm still working though, so I'm helping out part time. I had to verify my HR manager that I'm not breaking my company contract doing this 😛

One of the best market you can target initially is your own university, students and lecturers alike 😉

Our website is still under development, so I'll share once we complete it!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    How my friends and I wish we had started something when we were engineering students. Life would have been fun and we've have stayed together, worked together and had fun together. Also, the fear of failure when you are still a student is almost zero; because even if you fail, people will ignore you as 'kids who did something unusual'.

Starting out when you already have a steady job and you're accustomed to life as an employee; is very difficult. Also, as Ash said, you can find your customers right away among your friends, relatives, lecturers, etc.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Its not too late to work with your old engineering buddies again! Assuming you guys still keep in touch, haha. Are they on CE already?
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    I'm planning about setting up a company related to internet security after completion of my mba. I have a vague plan in my mind about it. I still need a concrete idea on which my company will stand. I read lots of security related stuffs for being updated with security trends.
    An idea is very important for establishing a self growing company, think about Google search or Wikipedia.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Over the last 4 years, I've met many wannabe entrepreneurs who told me that they have a great earth-shattering idea. But did not know how/where to start. When I asked...
hai friends,i need some help regarding this topic "mobile controlled home appliances"
Hey all, i have a slight problem with my code. I have a database in access called Suppliers, which has two tables-Suplier_Master and Supplier_Accounts, in which i want to perform...
Hi, I am Siva Kumar from Chengalpat, a town in Tamilnadu, India. I found this site in Google. I am second year student doing Information Technology. I hope this site...
can i determine that in which direction an IR emitter has been placed by using a IR sensor???