Any one worked on YUI library

Hi CEans ,
I have recently started using YUI library .I have a few doubts specifically in YUI.DataTable widget.
Anyone worked on it?
Do let me know.

Thanks in Advance,
Ankur Luthra

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Go ahead and post your doubts. I'm quite sure people visiting this page may just answer your question 😀
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Please ask your question... I have worked with it... 😀
  • ankur8819
    ankur8819
    Sorry for turning up late..
    I have a DataTable that comes up as a result of some Search Criteria.
    The Datatable has a checkbox in first column in each row.Now there is a Button on click of which I need to update a column in the DB.This column is displayed in the Search Grid.
    Now I can think of two alternatives over here.

AlterNative 1:-
    1) Get all the rows where checkbox is checked
    2) make an AJAX call to the Db and update the checkbox.I need to remember the current state of DataTable over here(like current Page number,Number of rows etc.).Is it possible in DataTable.I guess there is a datasource property which can help me achieve that.Not sure....Please correct me here/provide me pointers for the same
    3) Refresh the DataTable with the state captured in previous Step.Again I am not sure if thats possible....I guess there is a RefreshDataTable function thta I can help.But here again I am not sure if I can refresh it using the Datasource captured in Step 3.

AlterNative 2:
    1) Get all the rows where checkbox is checked
    2) Post the whole form and update the Details.here in addition to remebering the state of Grid I need to know if the Page is a post Back or has been opened for the first time.
    3) Refresh the Grid with the current state.

Can anyone suggest which one is better.I feel Alternative 1 is better in the sense its less messy and needs less variables to maintain.Please share your opinions.
    Any pointers to the questions asked above will help me alot.

Thanks in Advance,
    Ankur Luthra

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As the name implies aircraft requirs air but a spacecraft doesnt really need air to fly. Spacecraft uses reaction propulsion but an aircraft sucks air and uses this air for...
want to start a blog, which web hosting i can choose? need your suggestions. my requirements are, its going to be a just blog with pictures, no websites or anything...
Question paper Leakage Detection and Alart System kindly tell me the details and platform used for this project? thank you
Hello, I'm a civil engineering student. I found this forum when trying to find some information about the relationship between funicular polygon and bending moment. I don't know if I'm...
hi every one matloob here i m the studnt of mcs final semester an need to help of you professnial people for my crier