1. Home >
  2. Apps >
  3. Groups >

Any one please tell me IT companies eligibility criteria ..!

Question asked by TheV in #Career Help on Aug 14, 2011
TheV
TheV 路 Aug 14, 2011
Rank D1 - MASTER
Hey friends....

I am little bit frustrated, because this month TCS is coming to our college and I am not eligible to sit in the campus recruitment because I have 55% in 10th but I have 70% in 12th and 8.4 in engineering.

I feel disgusting b'cos I am paying for what I did in 10th.

So you please tell me what are the companies I am eligible in and what are the companies that I can apply off campus recruitment. Please help me out...!
please me the companies name in which I am eligible...! Thank you....!😭😭😭 Posted in: #Career Help
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare 路 Aug 14, 2011
Rank A1 - PRO
TheV
Hey friends....

I am little bit frustrated, because this month TCS is coming to our college and I am not eligible to sit in the campus recruitment because I have 55% in 10th but I have 70% in 12th and 8.4 in engineering.

I feel disgusting b'cos I am paying for what I did in 10th.

So you please tell me what are the companies I am eligible in and what are the companies that I can apply off campus recruitment. Please help me out...!
please me the companies name in which I am eligible...! Thank you....!馃槶馃槶馃槶
I don't really recommend working for TCS in the start of your career. Instead, choose a smaller company. The problem with fresh graduates joining a big company is that most of the times, the candidates are made to sit 'on bench' (without projects). Also, since you are a very small fish in a big sea - there's not much to learn (exceptions are always there). Instead, join a smaller company that recruits you on the basis of your current knowledge and intelligence and acquire an edge over others. I recommend joining a bigger company after spending 2-4 years in a smaller company. Such candidates would usually command higher salary than their peers. There are 100s of such examples, if you look around. Sacrifice in the short run to gain bigger returns in the long run 馃榾
*pushkar*
*pushkar* 路 Aug 14, 2011
Rank C2 - EXPERT
Bro you are a very talented person that i get to know from your engineering CGPA. Don't worry dude, you are still eligible for some good companies like Syntel, Wipro etc.. Try & work hard..
TheV
TheV 路 Aug 15, 2011
Rank D1 - MASTER
[鈥婭MG] Originally Posted by The_Big_K [鈥婭MG]

I don't really recommend working for TCS in the start of your career. Instead, choose a smaller company. The problem with fresh graduates joining a big company is that most of the times, the candidates are made to sit 'on bench' (without projects). Also, since you are a very small fish in a big sea - there's not much to learn (exceptions are always there). Instead, join a smaller company that recruits you on the basis of your current knowledge and intelligence and acquire an edge over others. I recommend joining a bigger company after spending 2-4 years in a smaller company. Such candidates would usually command higher salary than their peers. There are 100s of such examples, if you look around. Sacrifice in the short run to gain bigger returns in the long run 馃榾

Thank you Biggie....... Is Accenture a good option for me....!

[鈥婭MG] Originally Posted by *pushkar* [鈥婭MG]

Bro you are a very talented person that i get to know from your engineering CGPA. Don't worry dude, you are still eligible for some good companies like Syntel, Wipro etc.. Try & work hard..
Thank you for your reply ....
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare 路 Aug 15, 2011
Rank A1 - PRO
TheV
Thank you Biggie....... Is Accenture a good option for me....!

Thank you for your reply ....
I don't know. I only replied to your earlier query and cannot endorse any company. It's totally up to you to decide which is a better company for you to work with.
ShrinkDWorld
ShrinkDWorld 路 Aug 15, 2011
Rank B2 - LEADER
As a fresher i think the jobs gives us more knowledge is best for us!!馃榾
supriya VN gowda
supriya VN gowda 路 Jan 23, 2020
Rank C2 - EXPERT

Don't worry about your 10th marks because my friend who have less than your marks in 10th got job in MNC company he joined his internship from these month. There are few companies who don't check your marks in 10th and 12th they will ask only about your engineering marks so you can apply for them. Some companies won't ask for your marks just they will check your communication skills and programming skills so you can try that companies if you are really good in coding.聽

Karshil Sheth
Karshil Sheth 路 Jan 24, 2020
Rank C2 - EXPERT

I guess there's a lot difference in corporate world and startups-medium size companies. I have worked in both types of companies as an Intern and have faced issues everywhere. Both have their pros and cons. Some tell's us to be pragmatic and some tell us to be dogmatic. But I suggest be yourself at certain situations.

Talking about eligibility criteria it depends on the scale of company. If the company is Tier 1 then they have certain eligibility like 7.0 above cgpa, premium institutes are considered better and good technical skills. Also sometimes it happens that they organize coding competition and if you have good coding skills and do not clear the cgpa criteria then they offer an interview round and finalize after. But usually these case depends on luck and your time of applying for the post.聽

In Tier 2, they have criteria less than that but they need candidates technically strong with a determination. If they feel you have good basics then they select you and give you training for particular tech.

The Tier 3 || startups usually have interview with little bit of coding knowledge. They are interested in project implementation and would judge you on that basis. In startups the responsibility is very high and much roles are assigned to the candidate.聽

Swarup Pan
Swarup Pan 路 Feb 10, 2020
Rank C2 - EXPERT

It depends on in which stage are you in right now and asking the question.

What I mean is that if you are in college then the criterias are of one type and if you are a passed out student then its different for you.

If you are a working personal and with some work experience then the criteria is entirely different.

If you are in college then the criterias are generally 60% throughout.

If you are passed out then these numbers doesn't matter that much, the only thing that matters is the knowledge.

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up