Any one know how to readback *.mp3 files from Apple iPod and copy to local drive?

Does any one know how to readback *.mp3 files from Apple iPod and copy to local drive?

Replies

• LORD_EC
    LORD_EC
    Connect your I-pod.
    now click on tools-->>Folder Options-->View-->Show hidden files
    Also there is a checkbox "hide protected system files"-->Uncheck it.

Now open your I-pod.You wil find plenty of hidden folders.
    One of them wil contain your mp3 files.

All the best !

Regards
    lord.ec
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    The mp3 files are stored in 4 lettered folders. I havent figured out the logic of doing this though.
  • raknahs2
    raknahs2
    I agree but the file names will be in encrypted format.Original file name is replaced by four alphabets.

For Ex:
    Orig. file name--> Shivaji.mp3
    Encrypted file name in iPOD --> SDFR.mp3

I am working on this will post more details.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Raknahs, good observation. But you know what, the name changes does not affect the mp3 playback as such 😁 ... plus theres always the idv3 tag to know more information on the file.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi i need some topic for proj exhibition. some topic that are easily understood and fabricated. hope they are working models. plzzzz help me........ --pa1
This book has been penned down by two authors, Neeraj Pahlajani (IIM Bangalore 2004-06) and Ritesh Sharma (IIM Lucknow 2003-2005). Author(s) Speaks "This is a story of dreaming the great...
Hey, Quite amazed to see that there are few threads related to Civil Engineering. Very few discussions on such a vast field. Don't worry things wont be same. Lets gear...
CEans, Much is being said about Nanotechnology these days. This thread aims to discuss what nanotechnology is and what are its uses. So anyone working/experienced/interested in this topic, please share...
CEans, This post comes from my freshly installed Firefox 3 (Beta 2) 😁. There are couple of enhancements. Feel free to download the latest software here - Firefox web browser...