any one intrested in making compilers

made your copiler or your own computer langwage
on your own hand we will help you
please try it
its make your mind and you different from other engg.

Replies

• sahana
    sahana
    yes himanshutime.
    agree with u.but is writing programming language that easy?
  • Himanshutime
    Himanshutime
    sahana
    yes himanshutime.
    agree with u.but is writing programming language that easy?

when you made your own compiler then you made your langwage
    so you made it as easy as you want so try it it is intresting to work on it
  • sahana
    sahana
    okie.so how do we start it?so shud we use gcc for it?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sahana & Himanshutime, I guess Ash & xHx can help you with this project. Both of the have been working on CE Bot project.

I hope to have participation from other CEans as well. Keep up the good work! ๐Ÿ˜€ . Probably we'll come up with Crazy Language ๐Ÿ˜‰ ! Kidding!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Yes! Crazy Language (CL)!

Faster than C!
    Easier to read than Ruby!
    More portable than Python!

๐Ÿ˜ I suppose whatever language you want to create will depend on the application (web development? numerical analysis? gaming? hardware design?) as well as philosophy. For instance, even though Python and Ruby are similar, they differ greatly with their approach.

Download this free ebook, titled "Programming Languages: Application and Interpretation" by Shriram Krishnamurthi:

#-Link-Snipped-#

I've just downloaded it. Will read through it tomorrow morning ๐Ÿ˜€

[EDIT]
    It seems that "CL" as well as "CEL" are already existing computer languages, haha.
  • sahana
    sahana
    i dont understand one thing.if i wrote my own compiler then how does that mean ive made a programming language?compiler is a program and it translates a source language to targer language( the object code)
    so we are just writing a program right.not a language.this is what i have understood of compilers.please tell me if am wrong.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sahana
    i dont understand one thing.if i wrote my own compiler then how does that mean ive made a programming language?compiler is a program and it translates a source language to targer language( the object code)
    so we are just writing a program right.not a language.this is what i have understood of compilers.please tell me if am wrong.
    I'm not a CS guy, but I think Sahana's got a point! I'm sure Himanshu's got something to say here. Himanshu, there?
  • mahul
    mahul
    Sahana, it sounds a bit odd, but its true. If you have made a compiler, you have made a language. A language is after all implemented using a compiler. Now whether you made a new language or just wrote the code to convert an existing language semantics into executable code, depends on what u implement in your compiler program. If you write a compiler that has a new set of semantics, it means you have created a new language!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thanks for the explanation Mahul. Extending on the same logic, is it true that if we develop an interpreter, we've created a new scripting language?
  • sahana
    sahana
    yeah thanks mahul.now i feel the C that uses TC and that uses gcc should be named different, ๐Ÿ˜€
  • thechamp
    thechamp
    i would again raise question asked by BIGGIE, if i develop an interpretor.. am i developing a new scripting language?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hiii everyone.... we have a tech fest in our college..plz help me out on some crazy events in electrical and electronics engineering...
My name is J.Gaudhaman ,doing final year electrical engineering in Chennai,India.Proud to be a
Is there any way to increase Clipboard size? I want to be able to paste more than 24 pictures to Clipboard, but Clipboard allows only 24. I presume i need...
I am Pallavi Agarwal and I am a computer science engineer. I wanted to know why the programming language Java is called Java? Can someone please explain this.
I'm currently learning Python as a new programming language, and discovered that Ruby is pretty much similar. However, in terms of web development, Ruby scores with Ruby on Rails (eg...