Any information about FLAT ENGINES

Hello every1.....
please do enlighten me about flat engines
thanks a lot people

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    They are simply horizontaly opposed piston engines most notablly used as twins by BMW in motorcycles, though they have had other uses (aircraft) and other manufactures. What specifics were you looking for?
  • mdronsubbs
    mdronsubbs
    i just heard about them somewher.....so just wanted to know what they are......can u pls povide with more information
  • gohm
    gohm
    What specifically are you looking for? Other than cylinder placement they are standard internal combustion engines. Think of it like a 90 degree v engine "opened" fully to 180. In motorcycles they help lower the center of gravity (at the slight cost of lean angle). If it is air cooled, the engine will run cooler than a typical v formation. They can also produce lateral torque movement (only noticed when stationary) This boxer engine design lends itself well to motorcycles and airplanes due to the shape of the motor.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i'm too preparing for my GRE exams..๐Ÿ˜ here are some of the useful links... All About US Admissions Number2.com :: Free Online Test Prep Online GRE Preparation eSnips GRE oasis...
is it possible to get the definition of spyware.?? ๐Ÿ˜” ๐Ÿ˜•
Hi all! Lets see if the brains of crazyengineers can work this out! A Professor and a lady are travelling in a train. They get around talking and the lady...
haii ๐Ÿ˜”.........
hello, i m the b.tech final year student n seeking a mini project for 7th semester. plz give some links or file that will fulfill my requirement. thanx.... redards shahrukh...