Any Ideas On Load Bearing Capacity In Interference Fit With Shearing Loads.

Any ideas on Load bearing capacity in interference fit with shearing loads.

Replies

• insane.nick
    insane.nick
    Let me tell you about this Spherical plain bearings are designed to provide rotational motion in omni-direction. There are primarily two types of spherical plain bearings, radial and angular contact. Spherical plain radial bearings offer high load carrying capability in primarily the radial direction. Spherical plain angular contact bearings are designed for high load carrying capability in mainly the thrust or axial direction.This is the basic idea of this because at place i am not able to enplane properly because i need some digram for proper explanation.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    veereshsg
    Any ideas on Load bearing capacity in interference fit with shearing loads.
    It is difficult to give any meanigful response unless more info on intended application is given.
    For example, is this something like a compresion die working at extremely high pressures?
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    Very vague, cuz as far as i know bearings are not designed to take shear loads. Correct me if im wrong.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    CE Designer
    Very vague, cuz as far as i know bearings are not designed to take shear loads. Correct me if im wrong.
    I do not think that vireshsg is asking about bearings and shafts at all. His question is about load bearing capacity of interference fits in shear, which is a valid question.
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    Ok i get it now. But like bioramani, i cannot give a response unless I have have some sort of idea of the components in question. How is the load being applied? Torsional or Complementary. But at the top of my head i would say it would depend on the type of interference and the material properties of the components. Also if both pieces are of the same material i may treat this case as a single piece and not as 2 separate pieces. More info needed.
  • veereshsg
    veereshsg
    T
    insane.nick
    Let me tell you about this Spherical plain bearings are designed to provide rotational motion in omni-direction. There are primarily two types of spherical plain bearings, radial and angular contact. Spherical plain radial bearings offer high load carrying capability in primarily the radial direction. Spherical plain angular contact bearings are designed for high load carrying capability in mainly the thrust or axial direction.This is the basic idea of this because at place i am not able to enplane properly because i need some digram for proper explanation.
    Thankyou for this info on spherical plain bearings.
    I am still trying to understand the loads in interference fit assembly.
  • veereshsg
    veereshsg
    bioramani
    It is difficult to give any meanigful response unless more info on intended application is given.
    For example, is this something like a compresion die working at extremely high pressures?
    Sir, my interest is on the performance of pin and bush assembly.
    My primary purpose is to present a seminar on this topic as a part of my MTech semister requirement. Please if possible, give me some source where I can collect more information.
    Thankyou for your reply sir.
  • veereshsg
    veereshsg
    CE Designer
    You are not wrong.
    My interest is on interference fitted assembly. Its the bearing ability on the surface of contact in interference fitted assembly.
    Anyway thankyou for your reply.
    Please if possible give me some information on this, a source or a reference where I can understand and collect information.
    Thankyou..
  • veereshsg
    veereshsg
    bioramani
    I do not think that vireshsg is asking about bearings and shafts at all. His question is about load bearing capacity of interference fits in shear, which is a valid question.
    Thank you for the correction sir.
    I need to rearrange the words of the thread I created.
    Thank You very much.
  • veereshsg
    veereshsg
    CE Designer
    Ok i get it now. But like bioramani, i cannot give a response unless I have have some sort of idea of the components in question. How is the load being applied? Torsional or Complementary. But at the top of my head i would say it would depend on the type of interference and the material properties of the components. Also if both pieces are of the same material i may treat this case as a single piece and not as 2 separate pieces. More info needed.
    Yes, considering both the pieces, here in case a pin and a bush made of same material.
    I am required to search if shear loads act on the contact surface of the interference fitted assembly and present a seminar on it as a part of my MTech semister requirement.
    Thankyou...
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Google Scholar
  • veereshsg
    veereshsg
    bioramani
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Google Scholar
    Thankyou very much for your kind help sir. I found these sites very useful for my work, but I may not afford for the purchase. I will try my best sir.
    Thankyou once again sir.
  • insane.nick
    insane.nick
    Hiiii veereshsg
    Let me tell you about this When a ball bearing is used, it is not used alone. It is likely to be used on a shaft or in a housing bore by an Interference Fit. The Interference Fit is described as a value of tightness between the shaft and bearing bore or the housing bore and bearing outside diameter. The three main types of interference fits are distinguished as Loose Fit, Light Interference Fit and Interference Fit.As subject of the Fit, the purpose is to prevent creeping. Once creeping occurs, the temperature will be abnormally generated by the slipping abrasion. Creeping is associated with the slipping between fitted surfaces. It will be a cause of premature life failure or that the abrasion particles will enter the bearing and cause it to become noisy and eventually burn up.Typically a large interference fit prevents creeping, but it is necessary to select the interference fit by giving attention to the reduction of radial clearance (negative clearance), the temperature distribution during the bearing operation (the change of the interference fit by temperature) and the influence to the raceways.
  • insane.nick
    insane.nick
    thanx #-Link-Snipped-# bro because you like my post...............

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello! For a designer, a good software is important to design. According to you, what's your desired software?
What is the concept of solar paint? and what is the cost per square meter in India? Is it available commercialy ?
Would the alarming mortality at the AMRI hospital have been less if there was some way to mitigate the suffocation? In a centrally airconditioned building, ventillation is a regulated activity...
Any one can help me in Design Explanation for a trolley in packing section on assembly line of HORN, in which two is kept in a single box of different...
hey guyz, pls get me some details on where i can do advanced automation courses in India, i am a diploma holder in mechatronics