Any evidence to show 'Pushing' leads to warming - 'Pulling' leads to cooling?

Is there any evidence to show that Pushing something, warms it? Surely, if you Push something, and keep pushing, isn't there going to be some Compression, and some Compaction as well as Filling it with Potential Energy? Are these not warming effects?

And if you Pull something, and keep pulling, isn't it possible you might pull it apart, or Decompress it and Expand it? Wouldn't this lead to Cooling?

There must be an answer, either yes or no, So can anyone Help?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I love the thought! Can we be absolutely sure that pulling always leads to decompression? At the same time, I'm not convinced that pushing would always lead to warming effects (theoretically, it should, but I need to give it more thought!). If true, my guess is that high-rise building or any construction would be a source of heat.

PS: Thread moved to CE-Labs Section.
  • Astrocat
    Astrocat
    Well thank you, MrK - okay if I call you that?
    I guess I forgot to say that we're talking 4D here, so that means there is Time involved and so we can have Speed. Can we assume, for example , that everything is happening at a certain Speed?

If your apartment building was lowered into position at a certain Speed, then I imagine there would be some compression, and I'm sure there would have been some warming.

I didn't say, either, that when I said 'Push Something,' I really meant 'Against the force of Gravity,' in other words, I suppose, if you're lifting it. For 'Something' I should have said, 'a System.'

You ask whether it's true that every time we pull something (and keep pulling) there is going to be stretching going on, and ergo some expansion. We're including 'in Space also' are we not?

I think it's just as true as saying when you Push a System and keep pushing, you're going to make that system smaller. I think somewhere there's going to be some compression going on. And ergo some warming.

But thank you, for replying to my thread. You are the first. I'm encouraged!:smile:

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

sir what is mpfi and how it works and also what were the first vehicals in which mpfi was used???
CEans, We've enabled CrazyEngineers Email subscriptions for daily updates. All you have to do is enter your email ID in the following box in Forum Sidebar (visible on Forum Index...
Micromax mobile is rapidly gaining market share in India by introducing power packed phones in India at a very reasonable cost. The latest addition to the Micromax Family is the...
I found this video about one of the first few news reports about this thing called 'Internet' Internet was new and fresh then. See the report here: One of the...
Its the festive season. Diwali is nearing. 😀 Bursting crackers is something, people in India can't resist. Moreover, its a part of our tradition. But, don't we all know that...