Any agricultural engineers here?

I've noticed quite a few of our members entering 'agriculture' in their engineering trade section of profile.

I wish to know more about agricultural engineering and its scope. Can anyone tell us about what agricultural engineering is about?

Replies

• sumitkumarjha
    sumitkumarjha
    Agricultural engineering is the application of engineering & mechanisation in agriculture & allied sciences.it has a wide scope in research,extension & post-harvest technolgy.in the developing countries it is still in a nacent stage but in countries like israiel,canada,usa it has contributed a lot in terms of both technology as well as economy.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thanks for your response, sumitkumarjha 😀 We hope we'll have many like minded agricultural engineers here.
  • wassup
    wassup
    I am not an agro engineer by degree. But have been working on few stuffs. Well if you are looking for something 10 years down the line, it's environment, energy, food and water that needs engineering solutions ! So if you are getting ready for the future these the things :0
    Agro engineering is awesome ! It's about optimizing harvest to land usage ratio, awesome manure, awesome machinery, water usage......
  • jhbalaji
    jhbalaji
    Mate Agricultural engineering is the engineering discipline that applies engineering science and technology to agricultural production and processing. Agricultural engineering combines the disciplines of animal biology, plant biology, and mechanical, civil and chemical engineering principles with a knowledge of agricultural principles.

Agricultural engineering is that branch of one,which deals with the study and application of science and technology to agricultural production and processing.
  • scottaleger
    scottaleger
    Yes Dear Scott is here ...
  • SanJain
    SanJain
    HiGuys..I have bachelors in electronics..want to do graduation in agriculture engineering from USA top ranked college..ANy suggestions about how I will fit in agriculture engg and good colleges.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Those who are looking for IIT-D's Summer Research Fellowship Program '09 Form, please head over to - https://www.iitd.ac.in/admission/ApplnSRFP 2008.pdf All the best!
LET YOUR HEART BE IN PEACE Hi, sir, At how many RPM will a two wheeler engine shaft rotate? especially for tvs moped bikes??????
hi ,i m in 2nd year of electronics communication engineering,i m lookin forward for a project that is practical in nature as welll as feasible.can someone suggest me a project...
Ok boys and girls. After completing the CE-Song, we(Ash,Biggie and Me) thought about writing a song dedicated to Biggie's Love life. The lyrics so far are When I saw you...
Hey CEans, This is what i experienced after seeing my Data Communication(DC) exam paper. here it goes after came out my exam just felt to write about DC. "Hey DC...