Any advice on what to do in Delhi?

Hi CEans, my trip to Delhi is a month away but I've yet to do an itinerary ๐Ÿ˜”

I know Delhi is a massive city, but I've only got a few days to check places out. Anything interesting for me to check out or activities to do?

I will also try to visit Taj Mahal. Whats the recommended mode of transportation to Agra from Delhi? Any other landmarks to check out in the vicinity?

I know I could just check out travel websites, but it would be nice to read advice from my fellow CEans in India ๐Ÿ˜€ And of course, hope to meet up with fellow CEans in Delhi!

Replies

• Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Bigk or Akd has to reply here ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I was in Delhi 2 days ago!

You can travel to Taj Mahal and travel back to Delhi in a day (I've been told). But you should also visit Qutub Minar, Lotus Temple, Jantar Mantar, Akshardham Temple (must!), India Gate, Parliament and so on.

Do let me know once you finalize your schedule. We'll try to have a meet.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    .. and I will be in Delhi in another 2 days, Nevertheless, if you have time , apart from going around in Delhi, you can complete the triangle (Delhi, Agra and Jaipur). Lotus temple, red fort, Qutub minar, parade road,INDIA gate are few places to visit . Apart from that there is a place called Delhihart (I really don't know the spellings and all) where you find nice handmade stuff . Good place to buy sovereigns.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    You can catch CEan-Patty too. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Patty seems MIA ๐Ÿ˜›

Thanks for the tips guys! keep 'em coming!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Plus, if you can even try 'Gali Parathe Wali' (aka the Paratha lane). It's bit of an adventure to find a place to stand there, but worth it considering the calories that you'll get with those Parathas. ๐Ÿ˜‰ . It's located near the famous Chandni Chowk.
  • Reya
    Reya
    Don't forget to visit Connaught ๐Ÿ˜€ You will love it.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    go to India gate at night.
    While you are visiting to akshardham don't miss the show from (1600 hrs to 2000 hrs).
    Boating in akshardham is awesome .
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ianoop
    go to India gate at night.
    While you are visiting to akshardham don't miss the show from (1600 hrs to 2000 hrs).
    Boating in akshardham is awesome .
    Yeah, but it's crowded like crazy at during those hours! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    The_Big_K
    Yeah, but it's crowded like crazy at during those hours! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
    weekdays would be better .... and akshardham is closed on monday.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Damn.. seriously craving for some prathas now! Will try to put akshardham in the plan too.. looks cool ๐Ÿ˜€ By the way, is it possible to visit Agra & Jaipur all in one day?

Reya
    Don't forget to visit Connaught ๐Ÿ˜€ You will love it.
    Is Connaught like a shopping district?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Parathe-Wali-Gali-Delhi

Do go to the place I went to in Parathe Wali Gali (Paratha Lane) last week. The shop is just on the first right turn in the lane. Don't miss the 'Lassi' next to this shop! It's super amazing! ๐Ÿ˜
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    ash
    Damn.. seriously craving for some prathas now! Will try to put akshardham in the plan too.. looks cool ๐Ÿ˜€ By the way, is it possible to visit Agra & Jaipur all in one day?

Is Connaught like a shopping district?
    At Akshardham, there is a "time capsule". It means a clock which can run for next 1000 years without any recharge. It is buried inside the ground. I have just heard about it. If you get to know about it, do post about your trip. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Issue
    At Akshardham, there is a "time capsule". It means a clock which can run for next 1000 years without any recharge. It is buried inside the ground. I have just heard about it. If you get to know about it, do post about your trip. ๐Ÿ˜€
    I didn't know that. I think you're talking about the boat ride that takes you through the 10,000 year old history of India. It's totally awesome to know that Indian ancient scholars knew about Atoms, Molecules, Plastic Surgery, Medicine, Metallurgy, Astronomy and almost everything thousands of years before the world actually understood it.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Well, if you are planning to visit Akshardham, Gandhi Nagar, the modi government have buried a time capsule. There was much hype over it sometime back.

What Narendra Modi plans is to have a living memorial for generations 1000 years in future. It would be great if it is kept on display somehow. I have never been to Gandhi Nagar (just heard about it) so cannot comment about anything in detail.

And yes, the 10000 years boat ride at Swaminarayan Akshardham temple is also what I would suggest for Ash ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    hey CEans!! just touched down in Delhi. Sorry for the lack of informing earlier of trip plans.. so busy with work right up to an hour before the flight ๐Ÿ˜” Its cold here! But will be going to Jaipur & Agra over weekends. Quite a tight schedule.

Anyone free in Delhi on Monday? Do PM me your number in case we can meet up or something ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Man, keep us posted. Share photos from Jaipur & Agra ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Hey all, back in Delhi now. Jaipur & Agra was super fun ๐Ÿ˜€ So was the driving experience.. (well, as a passenger, lol). Will upload the pics when I'm back in Malaysia.

Will try to hunt for that Parathe Wali Gali place today ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    Hey all, back in Delhi now. Jaipur & Agra was super fun ๐Ÿ˜€ So was the driving experience.. (well, as a passenger, lol). Will upload the pics when I'm back in Malaysia.

Be prepared for the adventure and do carry a bottle of water with you.
  • vinci
    vinci
    ash

missed to meet you .i was unaware of your trip to jaipur.But hope you enjoyed jaipur .
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @ash: Ask them about bollywood actor Akshay Kumar's old residence address. They might probably land you in the parathe wale gali quicker.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Wazaaaaap CEans!! Sorry for not updating this thread.. got super busy with work after I returned to Malaysia. Delhi/Jaipur/Agra was awesome, though it was a shame I didn't get to meet any of you guys! Will try to upload some pics next time..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Scientists have tried their hand at recognizing users through their shoes. It means you can share a touchscreen device with anyone without having to confuse with activities of your partner!...
can anyone say the difference between gain, efficiency and transfer function! with correct definitions?
Howdy Folks ๐Ÿ˜€ I'm back with a Big Bang of Technocrats. Are you thinking about the title? Well, We know that Lots of CEans, Loads of techno phile(like me) reads...
Documentary films constitute a broad category of nonfictional motion pictures intended to document some aspect of reality, primarily for the purposes of instruction or maintaining a historical record. List out...
Something awesome is coming on CE! Excited! You might have come across this as the yellow notice yesterday. And today what do you see? A Thermometer showing -273ยฐC. Confused? I'm...