ANSYS Engineering Data

Hello,

I will work on a project as a student in my university. I need to perform some ANSYS analyses with some polymers. As you know, I need to enter the mechanical properties of the material into ANSYS.

I found the website matweb.com and look for the material "165 H Polystyrene"
I could enter only the Density, Isotropic Elasticity, Tensile Ultimate Strength. I couldn't find where to enter the other values (mechanical properties). So, now I am not sure if these 3 properties are enough for a stress analysis. I know that matweb.com has a premium membership and it gives an Ansys ready engineering data file. Has anyone tried that? Or can anyone tell me that if these three properties are enough? I want to see what the premium membership available file has but the membership is $100/year (which is a little too much for this one time project)

thank you

Replies

• anaghagrwl
    anaghagrwl
    refer to ansys help option . Ansys has a very good help command with itself..
  • Capt Spark
    Capt Spark
    Depends on which failure mode you are looking at.
    If you are happy with brittle fracture (which the foam materials usually observe), UTS should do.
  • Capt Spark
    Capt Spark
    I usually compare max principal stress with Ult Tensile Stress and min princ stress with ult compressive stress for brittle failure. But usually UCS / bending comp stress is lower than UTS

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey guys i need to know about cost of designing a non invasive(no pricking no blood no pain) glucose measurement and its accuracy... kindly help me soon.... 😕 ​
With the recent news of blasts at nuclear plant in Japan, I'm wondering what's the typical time required to shut down a nuclear power plant? Also, does anyone know the...
any internship/ training near delhi/noida related to cs branch????? quick replies awaited..............
Hello to all my fellow crazy engineers!
If we take a completely blank 9x9 Sudoku, then in how many ways can we fill it? In other words, how many different solutions are there?