another power amplifier- lm675 questions

Hi!

I'm constructing the "Non-inverting amplifier" in page 1 of #-Link-Snipped-#. In my circuit I replace the 20k ohm resistor with a 1k ohm resistor since I actually need a voltage gain of 2.
1. If the motor is set to turn forward, the voltage gain is correct, but if I set the motor to turn backward/ reverse, I do not get the correct voltage gain. What is my mistake? From my observation, if I increase the current from my power supply (I use +-8V), it will also affect the voltage gain. What is the correct current that I should set at my power supply unit?
2. I have two motors whose power needed to be amplified. I am using 2 units of LM675. I have only one set of power supply unit, so I just connect the first LM675's pin5 to the second LM675's pin5 and then to the VCC. Then I also connect the first LM675's pin3 to the second LM675's pin3 and then to the VCC. Is this right? I do not get the correct voltage gain with this connection. What is the correct way of connecting the amplifiers, since I only have one set of power supply unit?
3. What is the effect of 0.1mircroF capacitors at VCC and VEE? Is it ok not to use any capacitors at all at VCC and VEE?

Thanks.

Replies

• freak16
    freak16
    Hello Nza!
    Welcome to CE.
    I saw your queries and tried to solve them by best of my knowledge. I am starting from last.
    3) 0.1 imicro f capacitor are used as to obtain dc supply free of ripples so they are nothing more than a coupling capacitor which allow high frequency components to go inside ground.
    so you can avoid them.
    2)you are giving positive vcc at both the pins 3 and 5??
    Do one thing take two batteries and connect the positive terminal of one to the negative of other

+vcc ------|1 ------|1---- -vcc
    and give this negative terminal to pin 3 and positive to pin 5.
    let me know if it work or not.
    3)how do you reverese your connection?
  • nza0104
    nza0104
    hi!
    thanks.
    i gave +8V to pin 5 and -8V to pin 3, using the same connection as u mentioned, but i use 2 power supply units instead of batteries. but the voltage gain was not correct if the motor turns in reverse direction.
    i make the motor turn in reverse direction by giving negative voltage at Vin on pin 1.

thanks again
  • freak16
    freak16
    okay i got the problem..
    dont give negative Vin at pin 1..
    just the reverse the motor connections and change nothing else .
    it will surely work

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Is there a provision in facebook to know the visitors to our page?šŸ˜’
Dell Vostro series is meant for business users always on the move. However, itā€™s also a great laptop for engineering students. Vostroā„¢ V130 features premium looks with razor thin body...
Every new day we see new robotic marvels. The question might have hit your mind as to why we don't have robots in our homes? Here are a few reasons...
Pluggd.in noticed that Airtel's Data Calculator [ airtel ] is 'inspired' from AT&T's data calculator AT&T Data Calculator Just wondering what our CEans think about it? šŸ˜ . Try out...
i came across a nice tricky question:- let there are two rivers............ river A and river B. water is flowing in river A with some speed, and stagnated ( not...