CrazyEngineers
  • My friend on Windows Live Messenger has been the victim of a hacker.

He has had his account stolen and has been locked out of it. This hacker has then been saying disturbing things in the guise of him. My friend made a new account but the hacker stole that one as well!

We want this guy out of our lives. Is there a way to stop this guy or figure out what's going on?

Thanks heaps! 😁
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorDec 5, 2007

The similar hack was experienced on Yahoo Messenger few months ago. The hacker might have sent an attachment/file that has installed a service on your friend's Windows machine. Whenever you friend types in his new userid/password to login to Windows Live, the service secretly sends it to the hacker.

Can you check your task manager (Task Bar Rt. Click -> Task Manger ) and check out the processes tab for any unwanted processes running?

There are few solutions -

1. Enable Windows Firewall on your friend's PC.
    2. Get a freeware Antivirus ( AVAST is good choice )
    3. Format your friend's PC, reinstall latest version of all software and never open any attachment/file received from untrusted source.

One has to be extremely careful while opening attachments. If your friend's PC is infected, the virus/hacker may send the infected files to you using your friend's email program.

Let's see what others have to say about this issue.

-The Big K-
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • LORD_EC

MemberDec 6, 2007

Before implementing Big K process, do these preliminary steps.

1)Turn of System restore
    2)Always scan for viruses in safe mode.

I hope this will help.
    Cancel
  • EGYSHIMO

MemberJan 28, 2008

i've an e-mail on yahoo and it was solen can i resore it??? altough the hacker changed its information??
    Cancel
  • MaRo

MemberJan 28, 2008

EGYSHIMO
    i've an e-mail on yahoo and it was solen can i resore it??? altough the hacker changed its information??
    No, you can't.
    Cancel
  • aashima

MemberJan 30, 2008

The Last Saxon
    My friend on Windows Live Messenger has been the victim of a hacker.

He has had his account stolen and has been locked out of it. This hacker has then been saying disturbing things in the guise of him. My friend made a new account but the hacker stole that one as well!

We want this guy out of our lives. Is there a way to stop this guy or figure out what's going on?

Thanks heaps! 😁
    Thats a peculiar problem. Hacking can be done in numerous ways. The basic one includes filling in the forgot password form if one knows about the person already. So try not to give in your correct details. If that doesn't really helps, perhaps some software techie person can only solve out.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register