Announcing The Return Of CE - Conference!

CEans,

I'm pleased to announce the return of CrazyEngineers 'Conference' - our real time interaction / chat system for all our members. Those who've been on CE for a long time now may remember that we had launched the CE Conference long time ago, but we had to disable it after it encountered issues and caused servers to go down during peak traffic periods.

But now, the Conference has returned and it's back in its full glory! Check out -

#-Link-Snipped-#

The New CE Conference -
  1. Allows real time interaction among members.
  2. Keeps you updated about the latest happenings on the community (who's created new post / new reply etc.)
  3. Shows a Conference-Only announcement at the top of conference.
  4. Shows the real time information of all the members who are logged on to Chat
  5. Allows us to archive all our chatroom sessions in a discussion thread so that everyone can read / search all our previous discussions.
  6. Allows you to post styled messages.
  7. Shows message alerts in the browser tab
  8. ...and much more. Discover it yourself ๐Ÿ˜€
ce-conferenceโ€‹
We hope you enjoyed our launch teaser. This is just the beginning, we're already finishing the next coolest thing on CrazyEngineers. Stay tuned! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ˜

Replies

• lal
    lal
    This is one thing that we have been missing for quite long ๐Ÿ˜
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Checking conference.............
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Nicest feature I wonder what other feature We new comers missed here in CE
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Just tested posting message to the conference from mobile phone and it works very well.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    WoW ! It's back. Really missed you badly !
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    I am against it!

Being a CE lover and active CEans, I feel it must be removed.

a) Extra Server Load
    b) No productive Traffic
    c) Temporary messages ( Nothing indexes).
    d) Chat in Skype/Gmail. Discuss in CE.

No revenue gain+ No intellectual property gain + No traffic gain==> Dump!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Rupam Das
    I am against it!

Being a CE lover and active CEans, I feel it must be removed.

a) Extra Server Load
    b) No productive Traffic
    c) Temporary messages ( Nothing indexes).
    d) Chat in Skype/Gmail. Discuss in CE.

No revenue gain+ No intellectual property gain + No traffic gain==> Dump!
    #-Link-Snipped-#, the conference has been evolved. Let me explain -

1. No server load. The system can handle thousands of users without loading the server. The system uses file i/o - not great for security, but gives us speed and efficiency.

2. Agree. We might limit the conference to those with a minimum post count.

3. We'll archive all the discussions in a thread, automatically.

4. We wanted to avoid extra software to discussions amongst the CEans. Officially, we'll use the CE Conference for live blogs and event coverages. This is going to be really exciting.

๐Ÿ˜€
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    File I/O. Doesn't look good though! ๐Ÿ˜›
  • whiz.kid.aniket
    whiz.kid.aniket
    Turn Off new thread/post notifications in shoutbox! We already have that in new widget above shoutbox!โ€‹
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    whiz.kid.aniket
    Turn Off new thread/post notifications in shoutbox! We already have that in new widget above shoutbox!โ€‹
    The shout box won't be there in the sidebar forever. It will have its own location. Once that happens we will decide on removing new threads and reply notifications. ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Making raves in news, the hot topic of discussion among engineering students is the news report in TOI that says - 88% of IITB students say that they don't study...
The Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited and the Electronic Corporation of India Ltd (ECIL) signed a MOU to deploy Carrier Ethernet Switch Routers across 8 sites at a ceremony held in...
what is pn sequence.?
Whenever I leave my PC for even a minute ,it just goes blank with all the indicators still on ,as it is during normal conditions, and has to be rebooted...
Hi Folks, I just moved from Symbian Belle FP1 (Nokia 603) to Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 (Samsung Galaxy S3 mini), and I'm having a hard time figuring out how to...