Android Unlock Pattern To Launch Apps For You

Google knows that Android users are super-busy that they'd need a quick access to specific apps right after the screen is unlocked. Maybe that's the reason it's applied to USPTO for a patent that lets you specify and launch the app depending upon the pattern you draw to unlock your phone's screen. USPTO has already granted the patent to Google and expect it to make it to the upcoming versions of Android in the next few months. We've no clue whether Google will actually include this feature, but we think it'd be nice to have.

Android-Unlock-App

The idea is that you define various patterns that launch specific apps. For example, if you use the 'Z' pattern to unlock your phone, you can set it to launch the dialer app. Once set, whenever you draw the Z pattern to unlock - the dialer will be ready to accept your inputs. Similarly if you use the 'U' pattern to unlock your phone, you can set it to launch camera app. The concept is really simple, but would be quite useful.

Do let us know what you think about this patent. How do you think Apple should respond with a similar feature? Check the details of the patent on the source link below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    A very nice idea and effective way to attract customers.I am personally waiting for this app.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm sure someone will quickly develop an app to handle that. Not sure if Android allows apps to access the lock screens. Never really played with Android. I just use it to check mails and browse CrazyEngineers.
  • lovebox
    lovebox
    Would drawing the specific pattern only unlock a particular app, or would it unlock the entire phone? I mean, would the other features also become available on quitting the specific app unlocked by a particular pattern? If that happens then it would weaken the security of the phone.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Well remembering too many passwords is always a pain Personally I have never remembered too many lock patterns So this app is worth trying

Awesome idea to ponder

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google Play is currently offering top eBooks free of cost. Following is the list I obtained from labnol.org which includes direct download links as well. Amul’s India Arzee The Dwarf,...
Your looks - an important aspect of your personality is something you cannot control (of course, there are surgeries!). I wish to collect opinions, experiences and views on whether a...
US Department of Energy researchers at the SLAC lab have set a new record for switching speed. Quote: Scientists using SLAC's Linac Coherent Light Source (LCLS) X-ray laser found that...
During a demo, Kirobo said it "hoped to create a future where humans and robots live together and get along". https://news.yahoo.com/kirobo-talking-robot-blasts-space-historic-mission-094702571.html
Quote: French architect Jacques Rougerie and a group of engineers have teamed up to create what's being called the "ultimate" undersea exploration vehicle. Like an iceberg, a large section of...