Android One Phones With Price Between Rs. 6k-10k Launching In India

Google's all set to unveil low-budget Android phone(s) in India on September 15 powered by Android One. The price of these phones is likely to be between Rs. 6K - 10K. Google has sent out invites to the leading media for the event but has not revealed any further details. The Android One program allows the device manufacturers to build phones on low-cost circuit designs put together by engineers at Google. The program, announced in India in June, refers to several hardware models acting as references for the manufacturers.

Various online publications are hinting at possible tie-up of Google with mobile makers like Micromax, Spice and Karbonn mobiles for the launch of Android One devices. These phones were meant to be the sub-$100 phones; but the new price point is likely to be more than what was expected.

Android-One-India-Price

The specs of the phones to be launched are likely to be as follows - a 1700 mAh battery, dual SIM card support, microSD card support for extending storage, 1 GB of RAM and display sizes varying between 4.3" - 4.5". The phones will ship with stock Android 4.4.4 and may be upgradable to the upcoming Android L, later this year.

It looks like the coming months are going to be very interesting for phone enthusiasts in India. Xiaomi Mi3 | Price In India: Rs. 14999 | Pre-Order Starts : 15 July! is ruling people's brains and OnePlus has ditched their invite system for the launch of OnePlus One Pre-Orders In India + No Invite System!. Asus is gaining lot of popularity with their Asus Zenfone 5 or Moto G or Xiaomi and we'll now see flooding of Android One phones.

Stay tuned for all the interesting updates.

Source: Google may reveal first low-cost Android One phones at September 15th event - The Verge

Replies

• Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Can’t wait to see what this event has in store for us. Android One shall help regional manufacturers to compete with companies like Oppo, Xiaomi and the soon arriving One Plus. We hope companies keep the bloatware to the minimum in order to guarantee a better smartphone experience.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - OnePlus may not be in the 'budget' range for sure. I've been hearing that they're considering a price between 20 - 25k for the 64GB version - which I believe is 'the phone' to buy.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Waiting for 15th September! There's more to look forward to this Engineer's day it seems. I for one, won't be much surprised if Android One has the same level of success as the Moto G. It did hit all the right chords with Indian consumers.

Also, those as anxious as me should take a look at Google's press invite image -

google_invite_press

As you can see not much has been revealed about the product to be launched, but what led to all these speculations about Android One are the rounded squares in red, white, yellow and green - that are now being called mini mobile handsets.

So, that.
  • Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    Android One is a very good start for all the Indian start ups. This will help our Indian companies to gain stability in the market. As Micromax has already gained over Samsung and Apple. Just some hardware design flaws makes it reluctant but no ways its less compared. This project by Google is really a good intiative they have started. Getting stock OS to these phones will make them rum smoothly and good. This is an added advantage for these companies. Before having a cell phone was common. Now having a smart phone will become common in the coming years.

In the coming years it is going to be Mobile War for sure. We can Mobile World War 1. 😛.

Because very company from every country is trying to capture and attract the market with different tech, ideas and innovations.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    If Android L st not competing with spec to other phones like Xiomi then forget about big success.
    Lots of people already unhappy with Nexus 5. They got because of great reviews but they are facing hanging issue,unhappy with lack of productivity stock apps.
    I know, we techie here like Nexus devices with clean look but if you think in perceptive of general user they just want to buy a phone with good spec and expect all the productivity app to be there. For them app mean a entertainment or game.
    I don't think Android L devices going to have HD screen+1.4 Ghz quad core processor. (Let's hope I am wrong here.) Then why not I will rush for Redmi 1S !!
    Anoop Kumar
    If Android L st not competing with spec to other phones like Xiomi then forget about big success.
    Lots of people already unhappy with Nexus 5. They got because of great reviews but they are facing hanging issue,unhappy with lack of productivity stock apps.
    I know, we techie here like Nexus devices with clean look but if you think in perceptive of general user they just want to buy a phone with good spec and expect all the productivity app to be there. For them app mean a entertainment or game.
    I don't think Android L devices going to have HD screen+1.4 Ghz quad core processor. (Let's hope I am wrong here.) Then why not I will rush for Redmi 1S !!
    Android L will be competing for sure. How can Google leave its next project when its starting a new project now. It will compete for good hardware efficient running stock OS.
    Productivity stock apps like?
    The only defect I heard of Nexus 5 is battery. Rest all I hear phone is excellent.
    You get all apps in play store if they are looking for. Its not about loving only Nexus devices. It has very good specs with stock OS which runs at the price of 40 or 40 plus priced phones. So people prefer Nexus phones. Every ones wants to have a phone with good phone and productive apps included. But user preference is different. Thats why we have app store to look apps what user wants to his own choice. Google at the max gives all required general apps which a user wants. Apps are the one which are the ones which satisfies the needs. People who are techie will come to understand this once he gets used to apps and how to use the phone, play store etc.
    In the last para you said Android L devices. Did you mean Android One or L devices.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Yes, I meant Android One only 😖.
    My concern was from general consumer point of view. who don't know much about apps.
    No doubt Nexus is great but I have heard from my circle that it has hanging issue. Those are non-tech guys.
    I think, for any phone <10K people will look for higher spec not the brand name.
    Ha ha! Okay!
    Yeah now a days this is common. Low price high specs. With the coming of many brands like Xiamoi, Asus, Micromax etc other high end brands have problem now. All the users now a days are looking for low price and high specs. Which is already happening. Its just that the brand name has to come up to maintain stability.
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Teasers from various companies about their Android One phones. Keep your eyes peeled for tomorrow 3:30pm.

Micromax's Teaser on Amazon.
    MicroMax

Karbonn's Teaser on Snapdeal.
    karbonn
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Teasers from various companies about their Android One phones. Keep your eyes peeled for tomorrow 3:30pm.

Micromax's Teaser on Amazon.
    MicroMax

Karbonn's Teaser on Snapdeal.
    karbonn
    thanks for notification!!!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    For the price range of Rs. 6k to 10k, my vote goes to: Moto E (2nd Gen), Xiaomi Redmi 2S or Redmi 2 Prime or Redmi Note 4G (depending on requirements), Lenovo A6000 Plus.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Today two CEan @mayurpathak and @Anoop Mathew celebrating their birthday. Wishing you guys have a rocking year ahead. Happy Birthday Day ! 🎉
hello guys... new here... 😀
LAVA International Limited has been pretty excited about its Iris series of smartphones and after the success of the popular Iris X1, the company is back with a new "Selfie...
Quote: The inventor of a new personal submarine set to launch next week is hoping to create a new niche market for would-be adventurers who have no professional training in...
Quote: David Payne (who came up with the erbium doped fibre amplifier – a key enabler of the World Wide Web) once said: ‘research is turning cash into ideas; but...