ANDROID :: Indoor GPS using WIFI Trilateration Algorithm

I am trying to build indoor positioning system using wireless LAN's. I need to deploy a map of my indoor area into android application same as in Google maps... But there is no framework or standard library available for customized indoor maps in Android...... Can anybody help me out with this..???

Replies

• KenJackson
    KenJackson
    You didn't give many details. Are you going to measure the transmission time from each of three or more access points and then translate the transmission time into a distance? I'm guessing the differences in response time will wipe out any useful data.

Or are you going to read the real GPS signal with your handheld and transmit it via wireless LAN? Why do you need to transmit it?
  • sookie
    sookie
    @#-Link-Snipped-#: I am not sure what problem you are facing using Google Maps API provided by Android? It can help you to locate your own indoor area on a map and then you can use little bit of creativity and programming to add objects to the map and then use their relative locations(instead of Google location) to locate the object.

Let me know if it was of help !

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Is anyone good at python here? Need some help! please leave a comment if you know the language!
So, the launch of Reliance Jio 4G service has gripped the nation. A lot of people look pretty impressed by the 49 mbps download speed and 9 mbps upload that...
Canon India has brought its latest G-series camera model with Canon Powershot G16 in India. The 12.1 megapixel high sensitivity CMOS digital camera features a DIGIC 6 processor and 5x...
This may not be an ideal debate topic; however I'm posting it in a debate topic because it's a generic one. The question is should we really promote our Facebook,...
Having quit my job in the IT Industry in less than 12 months, I know the jitters a fresher would feel while telling their boss that they are quitting the...