Android in Water ! FML ! (Help)

Let me make it short,
I dropped my Android in water & spontaneously I picked it up from it & opened it up.
I am unable to open entire as i don't have some tools.
Will my Android will start working once it gets soaked or it's dead ?
Need help/Guidance !

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    You can just hope it would be functional again.
    Battery removal asap might save. and insert the battery only when you sure there is no moisture left in phone.
    you can use hair dryer and then left the phone for 2-3 days to dry of.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Rice is a great moisture absorbant and you should remove the back lid and keep the phone sinked in a jar of rice for two days. The rice should absorb the moisture from the phone's components.

Thread moved to gadgets section.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Any chance of permanent damage to phone ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Troll_So_Hard
    Any chance of permanent damage to phone ?
    Let's hope not, but yep - there are high chances of damage. I had to take my Note II to the service center just to fix the moisture. First dry the phone and then make sure you use a silica gel or rice to take care of the moisture. Do let us know how it works. I'm afraid dropping the phone in water also voids the warranty.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    The_Big_K
    I'm afraid dropping the phone in water also voids the warranty.
    Now that's awesome ! 😡
    Root + Custom ROM + Wet Android == Okay, I am pwned !
    Hope my cell resurrects soon.
    Thanks for the tips #-Link-Snipped-# & #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    With custom ROM, you basically said goodbye to warranty. I hope you have a backup of your important data. That basically reminds me that I need to fire up Kies and backup my phonebook. Everything else can be downloaded from Flipkart 😛
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Modern electronics devices are very sturdy. Being wet shouldn't cause permanent damage in most cases, albeit make sure you don't run the device in that state (you want to avoid short circuit). I dropped my iPod in water once. Once it was completely dry, it worked fine (it's been four years now!).
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - I think it's time for you to adopt the Xperia Z waterproof mobile. Check out this video -

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    The_Big_K
    #-Link-Snipped-# - I think it's time for you to adopt the Xperia Z waterproof mobile. Check out this video -

[​IMG]

😛
  • babumoshaaye
    babumoshaaye
    Xperia Go and Xperia Sola are also waterproof smartphones under 18K. They have good specs too.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Do let us know how it works.
    Finally Android starts --> Thanks to ya'all !

Speaker is dead,everything else is working.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Samsung has announced the Samsung Galaxy S4 and everyone is curious to know how it stands in comparison with Samsung Galaxy S3. Here's a specs comparison chart that will give...
I'm curious to know whether email notification when someone tags you is working properly. We recently made changes to the site and we need to verify whether email alert on...
Many companies ask to freshers for bond before joining their company. If anyone breaks his bond then company will not pay any experience/releaving certificate then how can he join another...
Hi Ceans... GATE 2013 are out today. Please share your result who took the exam this year..
This news isn't going to please the road maintenance contractors in India. Erik Schlangen, engineering professor at Delft University Of Technology has developed a self-healing alphalt that can be used...