Android Apps Development - Which Programming Languages To Learn?

Hii friends, which programming languages should i master before getting into "Android apps developing".

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    BetterThanBefore
    Hii friends, which programming languages should i master before getting into "Android apps developing".
    Java should do.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Its pure core java for business logic.. and UI things are provided by android official website itself.😀
  • simplycoder
    simplycoder
    If you really want to master android programing, then you should get atleast xml and java concepts clear.
    then sky is the limit.
  • iqra_the
    iqra_the
    give me some project idea in augmented reality
  • gandhi vishrut
    gandhi vishrut
    core java would be much more helpful, you can work on eclipse for android applications
  • TaraJava
    TaraJava
    i was doing android project for 4 months ,Yea you must know the core java and mostly the Swings part also you need a lot of XML but you can easily learn it. And most important thing you will get a videos in youtube by bootcamps the videos are awesome they will teach you a lot just watch it
  • reckenweck
    reckenweck
    When I am interesting to know and learn the androids application development, I hope it is true but I need complete details about the languages. Any kind of suggestion is greatly accepted.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    reckenweck
    When I am interesting to know and learn the androids application development, I hope it is true but I need complete details about the languages. Any kind of suggestion is greatly accepted.
    Well, beginning development on Android platform is relatively easy. You will have to download the Android development kit ) Download link: #-Link-Snipped-#. There's plenty of documentation available on their developer pages so you should be at ease with it pretty quickly.

Note that at the launch of Android, only Java was supported as the language required for Android app development. However, the language support has improved with the version of Android.

The Android NDK aka Native Development Kit allows you to deploy your stuff on Android OS with C and C++ languages.

Google's recently began supporting dynamic scripting languages too. For that, Google has launched SL4A (Scripting Language For Android) :#-Link-Snipped-# , and according to official documentation, Python, Perl, JRuby, Lua, BeanShell, JavaScript, Tcl, and shell are supported at the moment. The suppor to more languages will follow soon.

You might even be interested in knowing about the Google Simple Android Programming Language : #-Link-Snipped-# which makes development a cakewalk and is recommended if you are a beginner in programming (and on Android).

If I'm not mistaken, even SCALA is supported on the SDK; but maybe we'd wait to hear from the experts who've already been actively developing on the Android Platform.

#-Link-Snipped-# has been developing amazing things on Windows platform, but I'm sure he can tell you the right way to begin developing apps for any platform.
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    I prefer a Chinese food in Chinese hotel So if it is Android, it must be java. Though you can also code in C# for Android and HTML5+ Javascript option is also available.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Good day fellas, I am estongski ,an electrical engineering graduate from the Philippines. I have more questions than answers that pertains to electrical engineering because i was not able to...
hello all, iam 3rd year btech ece student.I need to present a seminar as a part of my academics. I am looking for the seminar topic which holds the current...
The massive advancements in technology has not penetrated much into healthcare. True that extraordinary strides have been made in diagnostic, therapeutic and imaging systems. True that an amazing variety of...
i am doing summer intership in indian railways for almost 5 days .. i now need to make a project on my topic "QUALITY AUDIT OF MAINTAINENCE PRACTICE OF COMPRESSOR...
How does reverse power fault in a generator occurs and what are its causes?