Andhra Police shot dead all perpetrators of Acid Throwing: Is this the way to go?

My nephew sent this to me:
Quote:
Some years ago, a group of people in Warangal Andhra Pradesh - threw acid on a girl's face because the girl had rejected the marriage proposal of one of those thugs. Her face was disfigured so much that every sane man and woman in AP had tears in his/her eyes.

Barely a week later, all of them were gunned down by Warangal Police as they were apparently trying to escape. Everyone cheered the development. No one questioned whether the encounter was real or fake.
It didn't matter. What mattered was that the girl got her justice within a week or two.

She is now working in a top IT company in India as a software professional.

Delhi Police - Would you like to have a chat with Warangal Police? Could you please?

Endquote
I do not hold with this.
What do others feel?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I believe the administration has to be *VERY* strong. What happened shouldn't have happened in the first place - and that'd be the case if the police force was feared. In India - the police isn't feared. That's why we've so many cases of wrong doings.

...and for the cops to be strong, the 'top leadership' has to be strong, ethical & rational.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The_Big_K
    I believe the administration has to be *VERY* strong. What happened shouldn't have happened in the first place - and that'd be the case if the police force was feared. In India - the police isn't feared. That's why we've so many cases of wrong doings.
    ...and for the cops to be strong, the 'top leadership' has to be strong, ethical & rational.
    I am with you all the way.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    If corruption is not rooted in the higher officials in the PD they will have more respect and fear. The wrong doings of the doer goes down.

But I am sorry to say this in India

"The cat is safe guarding the Milk"
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    There is a Latin saying:"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" Loosely translated it means who will police the police?

Quote:
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? is a List Of Latin Phrases traditionally attributed to the Roman poet Juvenal from his Satires (Satire VI, lines 347–8), which is literally translated as "Who will guard the guards themselves?" Also sometimes rendered as "Who watches the watchmen?", the phrase has other Idiom translations and adaptations such as "Who will watch the watch-guards?" In modern usage, it is frequently associated with the political philosophy of Plato and the problem of political corruption,
    Endquote

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes%3F
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Sir,
    may be this is one incident where captial pusnishment was imposed on people who really, have commited a herionous crime. But as I read the paper, I see such incidents occuring almost every alternate day.. so are these criminals being trailed? are they even cases registered against them?

I think,its only due the public outburst and for the sake of media exposure ,that the delhi case is being trailed quickly, but how many such cases have reached the court?
    though i am really against voilence, at one point I really feel capital punishments are needed. In a country where a criminal can fight elections from jail, I think something as drastic as strict punishments can bring a little order. Oh! not to forget honest police. They play such important role
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    It was a good move i should say.

this is the best way to eliminate rotten eggs. i hope you guys understand how serious a crime acid throwing is.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    durga
    Sir,
    may be this is one incident where captial pusnishment was imposed on people who really, have commited a herionous crime. But as I read the paper, I see such incidents occuring almost every alternate day.. so are these criminals being trailed? are they even cases registered against them?
    I think,its only due the public outburst and for the sake of media exposure ,that the delhi case is being trailed quickly, but how many such cases have reached the court?
    though i am really against voilence, at one point I really feel capital punishments are needed. In a country where a criminal can fight elections from jail, I think something as drastic as strict punishments can bring a little order. Oh! not to forget honest police. They play such important role
    Note - Not almost every alternate day, but for every few minutes. If you see in the last year, 96K+ cases were registered relating to women, out of them, only 15K+ trails were conducted and only 4K+ accused were convicted. Conviction rate is very low. Now What about the remaining cases? Are they false cases? No they are true then what? There might be many reasons for them. Court and Police can't take the issue into their own hands and as we know everything should go by rules.
    If we don't, we can see the immediate reaction from the public like we saw regarding the capital punishment given to Kasab. To be frank we are all happy that he was held and victims got the justice. But many people now speaking that It's unconstitutional as we didn't give him his last chance of Judicial review under Art-72. This is how we say if we know that Govt doesn't followed the rules. Though the Govt knows sometimes, it does like in the above said warangal case. But administration is nothing but a system of rules, an order of law. We can't break them but we can do anything to get justice prevail.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Jeffrey Wright has got it right. A Physics teacher, he loves to teach, he teaches love. His methods are crazy enough to make him a top CEan. An amazing man...
Vivid and startling pictures taken from space of Good, Bad and the Ugly of events of 2012: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-20214931
In these days of rapid technology development, the line of separation between Sci Fi and Science Facts is really getting blurred. Star trek is barely a nose ahead. Nasa's NEXT...
Take a roller coaster ride alongside the Space Shttle on the Solid Rocket Booster (SRB). The sound is the best part. https://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/157965
Adafruit has come up with this interesting concept of a Circuit Playground, a web series that makes a game of teaching electronics to kids. Worth waiting till March for the...