And you thought the World is Civilised?

Problem and confusionead the posts in the forum carefully. And conclude yourself what a "First world Country" has to say about India and Indian Education system in general. There are some limit of racial abusiveness!

An american commenting "that indians buys degree and do not earn them" ! What a shame!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I often see such comments on the Internet and some of them are actually true. But in your context, the guy/girl is a plain, cold idiot. First of all the education system India uses is not at all Indian. It's British. It produces clerks who're 'designed' to work for bigger organizations as intelligent robots. I don't buy the 'first world country' shit. But 'generalizing' that 'Indians Buy Degrees' is utter non-sense.

Buy the way, the media manipulates everything. I was in Israel recently and found that all they know about India is "Slum-dog Millionaire" and 'Eating food with hands' (...and I don't know why is that bad!).

Anyway, the world is not civilized. It will never be. The system is designed like that.
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    Dear K, Your observations are correct. I have found it in many places. If anywhere a "White" finds that an "Indian" knows more than him/her, They simply gets into "India is a shit.. system is a shit"( well excuse me mods for the language, these are some reference words that are uttered).

If we do not agree with somebody's opinion, we do not go into their nationality. That is what we have learnt. I havn't been able to keep my cool since morning. Goodness me,
    "You just can not say that we purchase our degrees after contributing so much to the research and development!" Yes do not have that many Noble prize because we dont have people lobbying for our scientists."

Dear K, the reality of how so called first world country citizen thinks about Indians is so biting! We do not burn our streets for not getting job, because do do get that, we do not alter our trade policy with a fear of unemplyment, we do not outsource our own work. We dont do that.
    But the reality is, the way media and especially the western media has portrayed India is absurd and shocking.

In Sydney, they kill Us, and in the same City they bribe their company to be posted in India. Dont know how to react! Just diverting my mind by putting it in the post!
    "Boss, you can not point a finger to my country, you can not..."
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Rupam Das
    Dear K, Your observations are correct. I have found it in many places. If anywhere a "White" finds that an "Indian" knows more than him/her, They simply gets into "India is a shit.. system is a shit"( well excuse me mods for the language, these are some reference words that are uttered).
    I don't agree to that. I've several 'white' friends and business contacts who accept things the way they are. Of course there are idiots everywhere who'd still consider 'whites' better than 'blacks'. Plus, India isn't marketed properly. I strongly believe that if Indians start taking pride in being Indians, India has potential to amaze the world.

...and I've my own experience that strengthen my belief.

Rupam Das
    If we do not agree with somebody's opinion, we do not go into their nationality. That is what we have learnt. I havn't been able to keep my cool since morning. Goodness me,
    "You just can not say that we purchase our degrees after contributing so much to the research and development!" Yes do not have that many Noble prize because we dont have people lobbying for our scientists."

Dear K, the reality of how so called first world country citizen thinks about Indians is so biting! We do not burn our streets for not getting job, because do do get that, we do not alter our trade policy with a fear of unemplyment, we do not outsource our own work. We dont do that.
    But the reality is, the way media and especially the western media has portrayed India is absurd and shocking.

In Sydney, they kill Us, and in the same City they bribe their company to be posted in India. Dont know how to react! Just diverting my mind by putting it in the post!
    "Boss, you can not point a finger to my country, you can not..."
    See, it's the 'branding' part. 'Made in Japan' is a sign of reliability. We never branded ourselves. In fact, Indians say bad things about India. It's the years of brainwashing that Indians have lost pride. I'm fully comfortable generalizing it.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I can tell about scientific research. While stalwarts like Raman, Bose, Ramanujam, Saha and many more of that ilk did India proud, most career scientists in India are better known for tying up loose ends left by Western researchers. No doubt such work does get published in reputed journals. There are many more that just warm the seat.
    On the other hand you can find Indian born scientists and engineers at top positions US Ivy league 'varsities, US National Labs, independent R&D organizations, teaching hospitals and in similar positions at most European locations doing top notch work. Are these Indians?

Who then is an 'Indian'?

Or is it the system at fault?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    It might not be proper for me to comment on this issue, given that I have no practical experience of how scientific research proceeds or how actually an industry is run or how system (government) functions.

To clean the system you have to be in the system (at least people say so! ๐Ÿ˜)This is what we have been hearing in many movies based on politics. I don't know how many people are their in the system who work to clean nor do I wish to dwell deeper into this subject. But yes, there are some good people who are engaged in grass root activities. A very good example being Dr. Abhay Bang and Dr. Rani Bang, and as Ramani Sir rightly pointed out Raman, Bose, Ramanujan etc..

Who is Indian? Well it is difficult to define. For that we need to think *What is India*? We were called Bharat until a century back, isn't it? What happened to our value system? It is all brainwashed after years of slavery.

We need to transform that India back to Bharat. I am clueless as to how we can achieve that. But only mass awareness through various media, education and other sources might do a lot in this regard. If you all might be aware, there was a chapter in school curriculum of Tamil Nadu. It was about what a great work (?) ๐Ÿ˜ Karunanidhi has done. Can't we replace it with more *realistic* things?

If everything mentioned above is put in place with all positive motivation, then again there is yet another question: Who will take initiative? ๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Who is Indian? Well it is difficult to define. For that we need to think *What is India*? We were called Bharat until a century back, isn't it? What happened to our value system? It is all brainwashed after years of slavery.
    What's so difficult? Citizens of India are 'Indians'. Those who live abroad and make a living there are theoretically non-Indians.

By the way, are we getting off-track in this discussion?
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    yes Big_K, I think Issue and Sada have missed the first post!!!

#-Link-Snipped-# Reposting the Link.

Probably we tend to over react, when that term "India" comes. Otherwise I think beasts are better left alone with their thoughts and beauty to move ahead. What do you say Dear K? We cant change people's perspective. But we can make ourselves stronger.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The_Big_K
    See, it's the 'branding' part. 'Made in Japan' is a sign of reliability. We never branded ourselves. In fact, Indians say bad things about India. It's the years of brainwashing that Indians have lost pride. I'm fully comfortable generalizing it

I am talking about, the loss of value system and the brainwash and the *brand*, you have mentioned. Forgive me if might have got out of track.

The_Big_K
    What's so difficult? Citizens of India are 'Indians'. Those who live abroad and make a living there are theoretically non-Indians.

True, but please refer to Ramani Sir's reply

bioramani
    There are many more that just warm the seat.
    Who then is an 'Indian'?
    Or is it the system at fault?
    Technically speaking everyone whoever live in India is an Indian and those who live outside is not an Indian. But if these brainy NRIs are unwilling to do even a little of branding for our country, won't it be better? if they do not try to create a strong brand for our country assuming that they are popular, how can we call them Indians who are really care for India?
    perhaps the next time you go to Israel you can hear people talking good things about India rather than Slumdog millionaire. Provided that we create a good name and a brand rest of the world. ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

#include char val; // Data received from the serial port int motorPin1 =2; int motorPin2 =3; int motorPin3 =4; int motorPin4 =5; int addr = 0; // start reading from...
/*//////////////////////////////////// //////////Magnatron///////////////// //////////////////////////////////// ////magnatronelectronics@gmail.com// //////////////////////////////////// //////////////////////////////////// */ int val = 0; // variable to store the data from the serial port int serbyte = 0; int rlyPin1 = 13; int...
hey guys... i am not new to forms but new to this form... :O :bighug::bighug::bighug:
Hi i am 3rd year electronic and communication engg. I like to undergo some mini project . But i have no idea. Wat can i do?...
I looking for person who will do some project in Matlab. I need to project some electronic device, will be install between ECU and few sensors. Device should: - analyse...