Analytical Writing Score Needed For Engineering Student

Engineering students are in a dilemma when they get a low score on 'GRE Analytical writing' section.
Many are of the opinion that a good score on Quants is sufficient to get into a great college, while there are a few who feel that engineers should score well in english section too.
Does a low score like 2 or 3 on the essay section affect your admission?

What is your opinion? Please share with all.

Replies

• raminjpr
    raminjpr
    AbraKaDabra
    Engineering students are in a dilemma when they get a low score on 'GRE Analytical writing' section.
    Many are of the opinion that a good score on Quants is sufficient to get into a great college, while there are a few who feel that engineers should score well in english section too.
    Does a low score like 2 or 3 on the essay section affect your admission?

What is your opinion? Please share with all.
    i feel this question is pretty hard to answer...do engineering students need a good analytic writing skill???

Yes... i feel its essential to have a good writing skill. But they need not be so great to score 6 or 5. . but i feel they should score at-least 4 marks to prove their skill. Analytical writing section has 2 sections. Issue and Argument Essays. . . So it would analyze the persons analytical and problem solving skill along with the most essential Writing skill. So if a person follows some basic format and some rules in AWA...surely they could get a minimum of 4. . . I got from my trainer that, don't be too cool and carefree about this AWA section, as it counts. So on safer side, please prepare for this Analytical writing section sincerely, do well and play safe.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have written some posts on Analytical writing section on my blog, So don't forget to check that too......mostly i will post it here. .

A Blog for all the New GRE test takers <<<<-------<<<<<< click here
  • raminjpr
    raminjpr
    As promised, i have posted in-depth discussion about the Analytical Writing section...check the below link :

#-Link-Snipped-#

all the best......
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To learn more about the tips, tricks and information to tackle the New Revised GRE, Visit my GRE Blog:

A Blog for all the New GRE test takersA Blog for all the New GRE test takers

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

There is lot of curiosity about making money from blogging. Is it really worth investing time and money in blogging? Can it make money? Well, there are too many questions....
i would like to know about wireless electricity charging...low voltage electrical energy transfer which could be used for charging of mobiles and laptops...i heard its based on resonance of coils...
I couldn't find a list of best colleges for MS in Instrumentation Engineering. Here are a few colleges that offer instrumentation courses. Excelsior College Salt Lake Community College San Jacinto...
Google has launched a new sign-in page for Gmail. Lot of users are noticing a small text link at the bottom of regular gmail sign-in page which takes the user...
I have heard these days Mphasis comes for recruitment in college frequently. What is their selection procedure? Here are a few questions from their aptitude test: