an ever lasting debate -- green vs technology

... and how politicians take advantage of all of it . Here's is a funny article published by tech crunch , Tech + politics == facepalm ๐Ÿ˜›, hmm , but informed people can may be take better decisions or quote better examples

Technology + Politics = Facepalm โ€ข TechCrunch

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I don't know Elizabeth May personally ๐Ÿ˜› but I cant stop myself from quoting this ๐Ÿ˜

Hey, why let irrelevant things like facts and science get in the way of important stuff, like outrage andluddite paranoia?
    But she is politician after all! Who can stop them? ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜›

P.S: My like is for TechCrunch and Durga for sharing it.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    the funny (or saddest ) part being - we vote for them and they are clue less. I can say the term elections of AUS were majorly going around the National Broadband Network, and in those instances too their were way too funny quotes by politicians. I think the vice versa applies too unless someone is totally into both politics and technology.
    Though it becomes important to develop, it as well becomes equally important to take natural impacts into consideration before planning up. After all, the raw resources are provided by Nature ๐Ÿ˜›. without that we can't simply eat laptops, mobiles and cement to survive ๐Ÿ˜›
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Speaking of funny quotes, you should have read statement by our central government minister on the educations in IITs and IIMs.
    He had said that the students are more talented than teachers. You can imagine the controversy he must have got into by calling their teachers incompetent.

Why speak when you perfectly know you will have to take back your words?

But you have mentioned it as an *everlasting debate* whether or not on green vs technology, just watch them do comedy and show them their place during elections. ๐Ÿ˜ก ๐Ÿ˜

P.S: Don't step on two stones. Speak on technology completely, if not at least take help of a technologist/professional (for everyone!).
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Here is a fitting answer to false promises of politicians. Trees are cut in the name of infrastructure. Neither the infrastructure is created nor the trees replaced.
    Even when disaster strikes and trees are destroyed, creativity can salvage something worthwhile.

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Ramani Sir,

thanks for that link, it was touching. I keep wondering - why can't gov come up with a simple idea on how to avoid blatant mass destruction of trees in the name of road widening and all?/? since the time i am in bangalore, I keep wondering the same thing. They have saplings on the road dividers and huge trees on either edge of the road and then they end up killing all of them for a flyover. :-|. We were on our way to Kerala, where I notice that trees were marked and many of them - many of them ahve been uprooted ( i think thewy might be of Mysore maharaj's age) and i think its either for road widening or for laying water pipe lines. The newest such report what i read is concerned with laying of Electric High tension wires through the greens in Hassan district. They have estimated around whooping 40,000 trees would be chopped to lay the high tension wiers and most of the place would be used for the mechanical devices to be kept. I find this totally rediculous and sense less. Its the most zero technology way of doing things- rather nomadic , like we did step cultivation. there has to be ways out.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    @Durga: Regarding the environment, you are right. But the condition is not the same everywhere. In the city I live, the environment is degrading too but I haven't seen any tree being cut.

To say something in brief, we do not plant more trees, but it is also true that once a tree is planted or any existing tree is not cut. Well the municipal corporation is supportive, even with the increasing population although the general trend is towards, environmental degradation, people are trying to keep things green.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    true!!!
    Bangalore is not manageable any more. It was once garden city , but not anymore. There are few other cities i visited ( have not been to Nagpur though) like jaipur and bhuvaneshwar, villages in kerala , I was very pleasantly surprised to see how everyone was trying to preserve what they have ๐Ÿ˜€. They were beautiful. In Jaipur, the plastic bags are completly banned. people are now used to get things done using cloth bags. I am actually on a mission here. I am getting green vegetable bags stitched( oh i have the material for that) and will be giving them to all my friends to reduce plastic use. i already got positive response for it ๐Ÿ˜. The rice jute bags are best to be converted into such bags ๐Ÿ˜ .
    I think as soon as the area of control increases, the depletion begins. Good that Nagpur is till preserved !! By the way see this link- #-Link-Snipped-# the whole school is made of recycle materials , its such a good lesson to kids

know what, here they identified 19 trees to be chopped for road widening, thankfully the residents started complaining after 3 or few of them were cut, i think they ahve now stopped the work. But are you aware that there is something called tree mafia??? the tree was estimated to fetch in thousands and it was sold for mere 3000Rs
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Now he is not a politician but yet another Stalwart. If you don't know anything why to confuse others?

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Do one need to be knowledgeable to be wise OR wise to be knowledgeable? What would you rather be? Knowledgeable or Wise? PS: Kindly support your answers with reason(s). This...
When i checked my profile.. It showing me as pushkar615 profile ๐Ÿ˜ฒ. What's wrong going on?? ๐Ÿ˜
what would your campaign be for? or what would campaign be against?? my campaign's agenda: -would be for proper disposal and processing of waste ( both households and industries). -to...
This is bit strange, but I'm unable to find the owner of Woodlands shoes brand. I've tried to find out information on Wiki and other Internet websites, but no use....
Sir, I am working with a game. in which projects are falling from top of the frame window and a basket is placed at bottom which catches those falling objects....