An Efficient way of power production??

so, we are all aware that we don't feel any weight or thrust (which act upon us on land) when we are under water..! and we are also aware that the turbine blades(which produce electricity by rotation) are very very heavy...! so when they're allowed to rotate under water don't they rotate with greater efficiency?? doesn't that lead to increased power production?? My idea may be completely flawed..! it's rather just a doubt of mine...!.! Help me...!

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The weight of turbine blades has nothing much to do with the efficiency of the turbine. For example a turbine for an aerospace application may have to be light to reduce dead weight. Cost is of less importance. So Titanium is a preferred metal. But a turbine on land can be of a material that gives longer trouble free life. Overall cost is important. Super alloys are commonly used.
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    less input and more output is best right..! so if the turbines rotates with very high velocity with minimal input..! power production is increased..! is it not?? sir..!
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    overall cost eh?? oh thank you sir...!!! yes each and every factor must be looked into..! i seldom think bout tht..!
  • Ali.imran
    Ali.imran
    less input more output!
    it is not possible
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Ali.imran
    less input more output!
    it is not possible
    He is not talking about more than unity efficiency, only higher efficiency less than 100%.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

*Engineering Trade: Mechanical Engineering 😎 *Occupation: Undergraduate, Freshman 😒 *Hobbies & Interests: Sports (especially basketball), Contraptions, and Vehicles (especially motorcycles). 👍 *Aim in life: To be able to apply my...
Hi. I am a new CrazyEngineer. I am about to start my first year in university. I wonder what software I need to get used to. I am pretty sure...
Firefox developers are on a roll. Its not even a week when Firefox 14 came out of the sandbox and into the world; the upgraded version with some major memory...
Hello friends, I have completed Diploma engineering in EC ... & I have no urge for Degree anymore. I have heard a lot about courses that helps to master in...