An Average Power Reduction Method for Web Applications on Wireless Terminals

ABSTRACT
Recently, there is a widespread use of Web browser-based Web applications such as e-mails and chats. However, fre-quent communication between mobile wireless terminals and HTTP servers give rise to problematic increases of ave- rage power consumption for the mobile devices. Current attempts to tackle this problem focus on reducing power con-sumption at the network and data link layers used by the devices. In this study, we propose a different solution where certain functionalities of the mobile application are delegated to other devices with abundant power resources (either from large capacity batteries or power outlets). This method off-loads parts of the communication process normally done at wireless terminals to amply powered machines. With messages pushed from the machines only when the HTTP server responds with an update, the wireless terminal needs to transmit data less frequently, thus cutting down on power consumption. Our prototype implementing the proposed method succeeded in reducing the rise in average power con-sumption.

Replies

• rampa
    rampa
    hii.., i want to do project on this topic... help me to do this project plzz....
  • rampa
    rampa
    why no rpls??? rply fast..........
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    rampa
    why no rpls??? rply fast..........
    You didn't tell us what help you need.
  • rampa
    rampa
    i mean, which type of application can create??

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am doing project on taking the college student attendence using rfid technology it needs rfid smart card reader. so give me the information about this project and price of...
now ma mind is like an empty CD drive..... hope it gets filled with CE
Hi all What are your english songs, the ones that were made between 1960 to 1980. I don't mean the songs which are made today, (especially by AKON). Share your...
what is the exact difference between centrifugal clutch and manual clutch and also which one is better to use in vehicles?
i would lyk to learn things , i dono many but i ll learn....... sooner......