an anti aliasing filter is which type of filter

An anti aliasing filter is analog or digital filter?

Replies

• yahia zakaria
    yahia zakaria
    i think it is analog filter
  • pavani abburi
    pavani abburi
    It must be an analog filter. The high frequencies must be attenuated before any digital sampling takes place, to ensure that these high frequencies are not sampled as false signals

Read more: #-Link-Snipped-#​
  • Sindhu Chowdary
    Sindhu Chowdary
    anti aliasing filter is simply a LOW PASS FILTER......the only important thing is the cut off frequency of the lpf used......it is used in accordance with the aliasing effect.....
  • Sagar07
    Sagar07
    Well, I remember the question regarding anti-aliasing filter which was asked by the interviewer of Texas Instruments....
    "What exactly the anti-aliasing filters do??"
  • Sindhu Chowdary
    Sindhu Chowdary
    Sagar07
    Well, I remember the question regarding anti-aliasing filter which was asked by the interviewer of Texas Instruments....
    "What exactly the anti-aliasing filters do??"
    i think you know about aliasing effect during sampling.......
    Anti-alias filters are used to limit the bandwidth of a signal being input to a sampled
    system, such as a digital audio system, so that it is less than one half the system
    sample rate. This is required to avoid ambiguity resulting from the sampling process
    - which represents all signals as being within a frequency bandwidth defined by a
    ‘folding’ frequency of one half of the sample rate. Signals sampled at a frequency
    outside this range are ‘aliased’ so that they are indistinguishable from frequencies
    within it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Has anyone checked this out? Truly amazing. Enter the site Http://showmystreet.com/ and start typing in any address in the world and see the way the programme reacts as the address...
Dear Engineers, I'm facing a laptop overheating problem. the problem details: - the laptop shuts down automatically after some while of hard processing (e.g. matlab , antivirus); - the fan...
gyz plz sombody help me out here; my question is: i want to connect a smart phone(wireless connection) to a pc in LAN.. plz suggest me what kind of hardware...
Richard Branson has been putting lot of money in making the aeroplanes fly using biofuel and now, the Boeing 787 is ready to take its first flight using the new...
Microsoft's perpetual cash cow, The Office Productivity Suite is getting ready for the next version, called Office 15 and it talks about cloud connectivity. The official-looking (yeah) video shows how...