An Ad Free, Private Search Experience For You

While writing the article on the #-Link-Snipped-#, I kept thinking on ways how you can make your search experience ad free and private, So I have listed some tools that can help you.

Ad Block Plus:

I have been using this program with Mozilla Firefox since years and a few years ago this plug-in made its way to Google Chrome and Opera as well. All you have to do is install this About Adblock Plus and add a few block-list subscriptions are you are done. This add-on has not just helped avoid ads but managed to reduce my internet data consumption. Recently, the new 2.0 version allowed some non-intrusive advertising but unselecting this checkbox removed the problem. Heavy YouTube users will also enjoy this add-on as this manages to remove video adverts as well.
Ab Block Plus
Privacy Protection With DuckDuckGo:

If you were afraid that Google is keeping a track of your searches and you are not comfortable with it just head over to DuckDuckGo. On its #-Link-Snipped-# website it mentions how Google works on keeping a record of your every move and how that can be harmful to you. It claims that don't send your searches to other sites and they never store any personal information. The searches on this website might not be as good as they are on Google, but if privacy is your main concern you can surely give it a try.
Duck Duck Go
Do Not Track:

Mozilla’s Do Not Track feature works in the same way as well protecting your privacy.

Mozilla states:

When the feature is enabled, Firefox will tell advertising networks and other websites and applications that you want to opt-out of tracking for purposes like behavioral advertising.
This feature might affect some of your personal preferences on some websites like weather but most websites are now working on supporting this without affecting the user experience. Instructions on how to enable this feature are available #-Link-Snipped-#.

These are the tools, I came across. If you have some more ideas on this feel free to post them on this thread.

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Adblock is most wanted extension all time. it removes all craps from webpage.
    As sites gather data and track through flash and interective graphics ad, AdBlock totally blocks and didn't allow to load those creepy flash and graphics. 👍
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Duckduckgo is awesome but google had attracted more people with its simple yet interactive interface.Will try adblock and then post my review on it
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    I used AdBlock Plus when I used Fire Fox. But now I am more of a Chrome user and I am not much interrupted by ads. While downloading for stuff, it seems an issue but yet it is manageable. AdBlock Plus wasn't good enough back then, current status I will post once I try it again.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

IPSoft's Cognitive Technology will soon begin replacing humans working in BPOs with robots. According to a recent report published in Economic Times, the technology will disrupt the BPO industry by...
Geeks worldwide are always excited to see a new 3D printer, but this one will surely send them into frenzy. Zeus is a 3D printer that not only prints but...
Volkswagen Cross Polo has been launched in India today by the company as a new entry to the polo hatchback market for the country. Powered by the 75PS 1.2Tdi engine,...
Dear CEans, September 2013 is going to be a super-exciting month for all of you! We've two important announcements to make - Announcement I : CEoM September 2013 Has More...
I had used all the search engines and found these to be more adaptive,informative and competitive . Though Google is the present search engine giant Do you think it is...