CrazyEngineers
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • lal

MemberFeb 8, 2014

The current that flows through a circuit depends on the load. For a purely resistive load, if you apply 230V across a 230 ohms resistor, 1A current will flow through it. If the load is changed to 23 ohms, current will be 10A.

Thus, the value of current depends on load. we can't simply amplify current. That is, if a 230 ohms resistor is placed across a 230 V supply,only 1 A current will flow through it. we can't force 10A through that resistor at 230V. If more current is needed, increase the supply voltage!
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Janaa karti

MemberFeb 8, 2014

is The low resistance lead to high current flow and spoil The load?
    Cancel
  • lal

MemberFeb 8, 2014

By load, here, I meant resistance alone. Load in AC circuits can be inductive, capacitive, resistive or the combination of any of these. The current drawn by the load depends on its impedence. I am guessing we are discussing about an AC circuit. If it was dc, the only possible load is a resistor.

A load with lower impedence will draw higher current. Re-call Ohm's law.
    Cancel
  • Janaa karti

MemberFeb 8, 2014

ya nw I under stood.........can to convert a load into a source for some other load?
    Cancel
  • lal

MemberFeb 8, 2014

I didn't get that. Can you make it a little more clear?
    Cancel
  • Janaa karti

MemberFeb 8, 2014

source------- ( load/ source) --------- load. can u get this nw....?---- is path . give a source to load then connect another load to IT by taking it as source for second load
    Cancel
  • lal

MemberFeb 8, 2014

Wouldn't that make two loads in parallel instead of one acting as source?
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register