Amplify 1A current to 10 A with constant voltage of 230v

can we amplify 1A current to 10 A with constant voltage of 230v...? but I have 2 do;only small changes in resistance for safety bcoz of high current

Replies

• lal
    lal
    The current that flows through a circuit depends on the load. For a purely resistive load, if you apply 230V across a 230 ohms resistor, 1A current will flow through it. If the load is changed to 23 ohms, current will be 10A.

Thus, the value of current depends on load. we can't simply amplify current. That is, if a 230 ohms resistor is placed across a 230 V supply,only 1 A current will flow through it. we can't force 10A through that resistor at 230V. If more current is needed, increase the supply voltage!
  • Janaa karti
    Janaa karti
    is The low resistance lead to high current flow and spoil The load?
  • lal
    lal
    By load, here, I meant resistance alone. Load in AC circuits can be inductive, capacitive, resistive or the combination of any of these. The current drawn by the load depends on its impedence. I am guessing we are discussing about an AC circuit. If it was dc, the only possible load is a resistor.

A load with lower impedence will draw higher current. Re-call Ohm's law.
  • Janaa karti
    Janaa karti
    ya nw I under stood.........can to convert a load into a source for some other load?
  • lal
    lal
    I didn't get that. Can you make it a little more clear?
  • Janaa karti
    Janaa karti
    source------- ( load/ source) --------- load. can u get this nw....?---- is path . give a source to load then connect another load to IT by taking it as source for second load
  • lal
    lal
    Wouldn't that make two loads in parallel instead of one acting as source?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Yes, February 14th is just a few days away, and people all over the world would celebrate it with glamour. Here's a thread dedicated to the funniest, wackiest, romantic and...
Hi CEANS, can anybody know the Auto expo in Tamilnadu and it date and venue
C V Raman, Executive Director MSIL announced that effective January 18th, Maruti Suzuki India had stopped the production of iconic Maruti 800. He also clarified that though the production is...
I need a lil help in this electronic project which i am thinking of making for my final semester. Though i am from a mechanical background but i feel like...
Is C++ necessary for systems programming?