Amphibious Robot Mimics Salamander

Looks like the robotics enthusiasts love to take inspiration from animals. The latest amphibious robot mimics salamander - that it can swim in water and walk or crawl on land just as smoothly. The robot is officially called Salamandra Robotica II.

The robot has been designed by the team at Biorobotics Laboratory of École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), in Switzerland. The major difficult in building the prototype of the robot was to mimic the vertebrae and limbs that change their positions based on whether the robot is in the water or on the land. Of course the onboard microcontroller can accept commands wirelessly. Check out the following cool video that shows Salamandra Robotica II in action -

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The title says it all. Please be very descriptive in answering the query. I wanna know everything about it. Everything !
Hello CEans, How to convert CGPA (10 Point Scale) to Percentage? Please help!
Lenovo's doing well on the desktop and laptop computer markets and has launched the latest Thinkpad Twist in India at a price of Rs. 71000. On the specs side, the...
XBOX 720 or Durango will be an 'always on, always connected' system - reveals an XBOX internal document, according to VG247. Though the authenticity of the leaked documents haven't been...
I want to collect all four Vedas in their original Sanskrit form (with translation if possible, it will make my job less time consuming). I checked internet but could not...