AMDOCS Interview query

hello guys
i am having an interview of AMDOCS on 4th sept 2010. i am btech fresher computer sc. amdocs need java,sql,unix skills as mentioned . so i like to ask that my final year projects were in PHP and they dont required php skill. so i like to ask whether i should keep these php project in my resume or should i change it to some java ones.. as i am afraid that looking to php project they will reject me... admin and friends please help.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @destiny - What do you mean by -

so i like to ask whether i should keep these php project in my resume or should i change it to some java ones
    How'd you do that?

I don't think any company will reject you just because you used some language for your project. Your best bet is to study the skills required for the job and be confident with what you already know. If they question you on your project and you can't answer - that's a sure shot way to rejection. Of course, I mean you should be able to answer the 'obvious' questions related to your project (architecture, functionality, GUI, functions used et al). You won't be expected to be a coding genius.

Pay attention to what you've mentioned in the resume. Expect questions based on technologies, languages you've mentioned in it.
  • destiny249
    destiny249
    thanks sir for your reply.

actually i am afraid that after the interviewer saw my resume that i made 2 projects and both are in PHP and amdocs dont deal in php stuff, so i thought might be interviewer think that i am of no use..

one thing more.. i mentioned c,c++,java,oops in my resume. should i understand all basic concepts of tham or should i know all coading under these technologies.

sir please answer the above two questions i would be very thankful ..
  • destiny249
    destiny249
    please ADMIN ( specially big_k) and all friends reply to this i am waiting please.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    destiny249
    thanks sir for your reply.

actually i am afraid that after the interviewer saw my resume that i made 2 projects and both are in PHP and amdocs dont deal in php stuff, so i thought might be interviewer think that i am of no use..

one thing more.. i mentioned c,c++,java,oops in my resume. should i understand all basic concepts of tham or should i know all coading under these technologies.

sir please answer the above two questions i would be very thankful ..
    Instead of molding yourself into what you think Interviewers want, why not concentrated on what you already know? You need not mention technologies or languages for the heck of impressing the interviewers. You may mention any technology and it'll prove fatal if you don't know or have worked in any of them.

Are you comfortable with what you learned during engineering? What languages were a part of your syllabus? Are you comfortable with them? If not, it's better to revise them than mentioning new technologies/languages you've never worked on. Programming is more about logic than the language.

i mentioned c,c++,java,oops in my resume. should i understand all basic concepts of tham
    Are you okay with what you've mentioned? Meaning, have you ever coded in c/c++/JAVA? If you have, then you surely know the basic concepts.

should i know all coading under these technologies.
    That's impossible thing to do, right? Of course, unless you've years of experience coding in C, C++ and JAVA.

Bottom Line: Be prepared to answer questions on your engineering subjects & projects.
  • destiny249
    destiny249
    i got your point very well sir. i will concentrate on my engineering subjects plus languages i know.
    thanks sir,
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    destiny249
    i got your point very well sir. i will concentrate on my engineering subjects plus languages i know.
    thanks sir,
    I've been on many interview panels. The most important tip is to keep you head cool, have a nice smiling face, and be confident about what you know. You can't know everything about every technology out there.

...also, don't face any interview thinking if you don't get through; the world will end for you. Just chill. Keep us updated.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This is a question that you are most frequently asked when you are a student of Japanese Language. People would randomly ask you to translate anything from their Chinese product...
Hi!😁 I am someone who have just starting to step into the real world. And for people like me, exploring everything is the only way to make you survive in...
hello friend's Just completed a program for a digital watch in java...Check out this code. import java.awt.*; import java.applet.*; /**/ public class kk extends Applet implements Runnable...
We often see petrol bunks carrying the sign, "Please switch offf your mobile phones".. How come the concept of EM waves pose a threat to petrol? 😕
I was wondering what all problems can be faced in boilers in biomass plants which use rice straw as primary fuel. As I am not sure of the chemical reactions(read...