AMD to challege Intel's atom processor.

AMD is one which is ready to give challenge to Intel;s Atom processor.
According to AMD it is integrating some extra circuitry to its processor so that it bring a higher level of graphics horsepower to small,thin laptop.

AMD announced that its umbrella technology dubbed "Brazos" that comprises two new lines of processors and small laptops.

AMD says,
Aimed at designs that typically range from 10-inch to 13-inch diagonal screen sizes, the "Ontario" and "Zacate" line of chips graft AMD Radeon 6000 series graphics technology onto the main processor, or CPU. And that's exactly what may give AMD the edge in performance over Intel's Atom.

AMS is also touting the fact that it graphics silicon support Microsoft's DirectX 11 for boosting gaming and multi media performance.Intel integrated graphics does not support directX 11.

New laptops using the chips are expected early next year.

The Ontario and Zacate processor lines are identical but run at different speeds.They are coming in dual and dual-core versions and have powered envelops of 9 watts and 18 watts respectively. here is the brief view:-

1> AMD C-50 with AMD Radeon HD 6250 graphics: dual-core CPU at 1.0GHz: 9W (Ontario).

2> AMD C-30 with AMD Radeon HD 6250 Graphics: single-core CPU at 1.2GHz: 9W (Ontario).

3> AMD E-350 with AMD Radeon HD 6310 graphics: dual-core CPU at 1.6GHz: 18W (Zacate).

4>AMD E-240 with AMD Radeon HD 6310 graphics: single-core CPU at 1.5GHz: 18W (Zacate).

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This question comes in this year nac test give it a try A person was given a task to calculate sum of all the page no's of a novel ,...
Folks, I was looking at sedans and stumbled upon Mitsubishi Cedia. The car looks neat but I'd want to see someone reviewing it for all of us. Do we have...
Guys i have few doubts which i am posting here....please look into them 1. Since routers work at network layer then how can they use TCP/UDP for transmitting routing information...
Myntra - India's leading custom t-shirt manufacturer has raised $5m from various venture capital firms. The company plans to use the funding for expanding its core business, reach and also...
I am creating a database using mySQL and PHP. The database is about solar system having entities star, planets, asteroids, comets with their respective attributes (size, mass, Position, etc). My...